Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Ve Chrome Door/window trims

johnni

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Commodore
Hey all

Im thinking of putting a chrome door/window trim on my ve omega, as like where the arrows are pointing in the picture below.

My question is, do i just purchase it from holden and glue it over my existing black trim or screw it on ? im not sure how its held on. Or it cant be changed and i have to stick with the current black one i have atm ?

qx4axi.jpg

Thank you
John

AlanRobert

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve II SV6 - Voodoo
JHP have a kit, and oddly enough their pic is the same pic as yours. I consdered it, but for $460 its a bit steep.

j h p.com.au

remove the spaces obviously

Pickled

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
My question is, do i just purchase it from holden and glue it over my existing black trim or screw it on ? im not sure how its held on. Or it cant be changed and i have to stick with the current black one i have atm ?

Gold! Please tell me you weren't really considering doing this?

johnni

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Commodore
Haha Nar man I wasn't considering that as I didn't know myself how they were attached to the car

salute the ute

DRIVING IS A PASSION
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Ute Series II Perfect Blue
Haha Nar man I wasn't considering that as I didn't know myself how they were attached to the car

You will see when you open the door there are screws to take them off. If money is a problem paint them or wrap em as I said. Try plastidip, its a spray paint that goes on like paint but can be taken off like a sticker.

johnni

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Commodore
You will see when you open the door there are screws to take them off. If money is a problem paint them or wrap em as I said. Try plastidip, its a spray paint that goes on like paint but can be taken off like a sticker.

Do you mean when you open the door to get into the car or actually taking off the door trim and seeing screws then ?

Thanks

salute the ute

DRIVING IS A PASSION
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Ute Series II Perfect Blue
Do you mean when you open the door to get into the car or actually taking off the door trim and seeing screws then ?

Thanks

No just opening the door you should see some screw that look like they hold the chrome on. I'll have a look tomorrow to make sure of this.