Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Vf Sv6 Fuel Range

Kaaiju

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY15 VF SV6
Hi, just wondering what people get in an sv6 vf on the freeway from an full tank?

Thanks

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
It depends on your foot. My workmate bought a VF1 wagon a few months ago (wagon = auto), he recently drove up to Queensland and back for a holiday, returned 6.2L/100km on the trip overall. So what's that, 71L ... approximately 1100km in total?

Sir Les

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 MY14
Best I've ever got on a long trip from my VF1 3.6l auto is 6.8l/100km (using 91 octane fuel), which would give me a range of about 955km (leaving 5 litres in the tank for safety). This was on a mixture of freeways and rural roads, doing 100 - 110 km/h (plus the occasional squirt for overtaking). The VF is the only car I've ever had which can get me from Adelaide to Melbourne (about 730km) without refuelling, in complete comfort on a hot day with the air conditioning on, and still have 1/4 tank remaining at journey's end. I find that quite remarkable for a large, heavy car. Vale el Commodore!

Poor old Dad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Calais V
I think my average would normally be around 8L/100kms.

Bris - Melb - Bris was 8.1
Bris - Mount Isa - Bris was 8
Bris - WA - Bris was 8.6

I reckon I've just about paid for a police car in speeding fines over the years so consumption would be somewhat less if my right foot wasn't as heavy.