Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How do I change a VT fuel filter?

jim_vt_v6_psi

Reaction score
Members Ride
holden vt v6 turbo
easyest way is to get the clips that cost liek $10 and its all easy after that

Arrowroot

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL group A Brock
Glad I found this thread, I just done a service on my young fellas ute as Holden just charge to much, anyway bought the filter aswell to change untill I had a look at trying to get the old one of, tried a few different things but just felt like they were going to snap and thought Id just leave it alone till I find out the proper way, Now I think I will wait till I buy the tool.

VYMAD

SILVERFOX
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY EXECUTIVE S2
Lol! I've changed heaps of them, I don't de-pressurise the system. I just turn my face away while undoing the fuel lines. A pair of multi's are all you need to undo those clips- 20 bucks for a "special tool"? I don't think so!!!!

BrAdAsS

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.bradass.net
Members Ride
VX Executive A4
Tool? lol
I just changed mine last night, with bare hands?

You push the rubber fitting end towards the middle of the filter then swivel 360degrees and gently pull it off.

Last edited by a moderator:

JuzAndBec

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina 3.8
Yes - unless it's stuck you can just push the connectors towards the filter, then pull back and they should 'pop' off. I was amazed at how easily it came off. Still about a cup of petrol splashed everywhere despite de-pressurizing the system.
I was prepared for an hours struggle and broken clips and in the end it was no tools and a 3 minute change over!

bigjas

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt acclaim s/w
hi guys it is piss easy on don't use tools at all u will brake things ok push hose towards the filter press cilos in and pull &turn easy but i have had my fuel line blow off on the weekend but i think its because i didn't change the clips has anyone esle had this problem plz tell me

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
It is a piece of p***. Remove fuel pump relay, let engine die so fuel pressure is gone. Push toward filter and press on the clips. Install new filter by pushing clips onto the ends. You need skinny fingers like me. Easy as.

mlinton74

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore Berlina Ser2 Wagon
Commodore Fuel disconnect tools

I tried to remove the fuel filter by hand and just couldn't.. I wrestled with it a bit, but didn't want to apply too much pressure..

I just forgot about it..

Anyone know how much the tool is?

Hi there +++++ You can buy the tool in a three pack from Bursons or Repco. They come in three different colours to indicate the different sizes. 3/8 1/4 and 1 inch. They cost $21.00 for the 3 pack.

The red tool is the one you use for VT commodore fuel connectors. The tool makes it a 2 second job!! I have attached a pic to show what they look like.

Attachments

• CL091476.jpg
    CL091476.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 4,359

james91

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S PAC 5 SPEED SII
anyone want to do mine for 6 pack of beer?

sirjolly18

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 holden VZ v6 ute.
size

just got the removal tools but the packet says holden vt & vx

Now does the vz use the same tool or are the clips larger becasue i tried with these and i really had to force them on to even get closs but still nothing. The tool has 3/8" written on it, i think its a size to small. have a VZ v6 ute. 04