Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How is the ZB going in 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tezza's ZB

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB LT Sedan 4 cylinder 2 Litre Petrol Turbo
I am the most maligned person on this site. But time heals, well it should.
I didn't get covid ... but will in a couple of weeks I think get the Astra Zeneca .. I'm Cat 1b.
My 2018 2 litre ZB 4 cylinder petrol turbo is still a magic car.. plenty of pop., plenty of torque, no issues at all. Yep, it's a golfldilocks car , without doubt, the best Commodore, or whatever you want to call it, ever.
It was a demo with 5000 k on it when I bought it in Apr 2019 . It's done 23300 k now and a dream. It just quietly lopes along @ 110 kph with 1400 revs, motor very quiet, as is the seemless 9 speed transmission. A saloon car with great pace and torque.
Yes the price has dropped to buggery, but I couldn't care because it was a bargain when I bought it. It would have to be the best value car on the market. Mine is the LT with remote start ( beaut in summer) and all the kit any one would want. Android Auto... perfect..
So yep I'm checking in just to tell ya, the ZB Commodore, 4 cyl 2 litre petrol turbo is still a gem. Buy one at the price offered ( they have gone up a bit after covid abd shortage of new cars). They are a gift purchase.

87VLCALAIS

Reaction score
Members Ride
3.8 VY S Manual, ZB RSV
Pleased to hear you're still very much enjoying the ZB.

You're preaching to the converted on this section of the website.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Some ZB owners have reported issues but no car is perfect...

What makes a particular model great is quality design and build but more so the after sales support. And sadly any car sold by Holden dealers now seem to get little factory support (if they have big issues)... meanwhile, HCC have been next to useless for years...

From ZB perspective, it seems their clever diffs can have issues.... some have been changed swiftly...

The VF’s can have rather noisy piston slap on LS engines. Previously factory support resulted in replacements but now the tide seems to have turned and it’s a characteristic :eek:

It’s easy being happy with a car if you‘ve been lucky and haven’t had problems... So just wait as lucky only gets you so far.... you may soon experiance others realities and change your tune :rolleyes:

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
i am happy with my zb, it goes hard and handles well.
i find it much more comfortable on long drives compared to my vf ssv and the colorado.

it is a shame it is the last of them because they are decent and have a lot to offer to people looking for that class of vehicle that are not being fanatical over a badge/name.
it first i was skeptical when they announced the change but since actually owning one i been quite surprised at how good the zb is.
one day i might get a vxr just to give the top of the range one a go but for 20k my v6 rs was a lot of vehicle for a low price.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Been said before....

Holden should have retired the commodore name and called the ZB something else and actually spent some dollars in advertising... That way it could have had a chance but after Holden were shafted by GM selling Opel, guess they just lost interest in everything. Holden knew they were done and dusted as writing was on the wall with GM bailing out of many markets...

I wish all Holden owners (VF & ZB) a good run with their cars as parts may be rather hard to come by in future... Holden specific Opel bits will be like unicorn horns :eek:

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca

87VLCALAIS

Reaction score
Members Ride
3.8 VY S Manual, ZB RSV
yes that will be an issue if there is no us/eu part that will fit the hole.
The two items on our cars that as far as I can tell are unique to our cars are the indicator and wiper stalks. Our indicator stalks are on the right whereas everywhere else including the UK the indicator stalks are on the left.

Tezza's ZB

Reaction score
Members Ride

What makes a particular model great is quality design and build but more so the after sales support. And sadly any car sold by Holden dealers now seem to get little factory support (if they have big issues)... meanwhile, HCC have been next to useless for years...

From ZB perspective, it seems their clever diffs can have issues.... some have been changed swiftly...

The VF’s can have rather noisy piston slap on LS engines. Previously factory support resulted in replacements but now the tide seems to have turned and it’s a characteristic :eek:

It’s easy being happy with a car if you‘ve been lucky and haven’t had problems... So just wait as lucky only gets you so far.... you may soon experiance others realities and change your tune :rolleyes:
That tastes of sour grapes, if that’s the case buy one, and see

Tezza's ZB

Reaction score
Members Ride

And btw, there ain’t many comments about issues from owners ( that’s who you listen to if they are honest), except those coming from the sidelines who make unverified claims, and aren’t owners or drivers themselves. I see a lot of ZBs used as cop cars.

it’s pretty clear they are good cars, and badges mean little to me. I’ve got a three year warranty, haven’t paid a zac for services except for replacing a consumable, wipers. Tyres wear is outstanding, very low wear, and handling makes VFs , ordinary cars.. and oh it’s only 1526 kg kerb weight .. no wonder it puts to shame VFs ...I have a five year warranty, and when I do pay for a service, the first one will be $369.

Infotainment Android Auto.. perfect, so good because it’s virtually all voice control, and like having the white pages .. that’s a big deal.

The improvements are stratospheric compared to VF, yet with all this it cost me $27880 with 5000 k on clock...with 8.2 litres per 100k and sublime saloon car joy and oodles of pace and torque, It was a smart buy as my next purchase may be electric anyway.
In sum, the 4 cyl 2 litre petrol turbo is a beauty, with a cracker of a motor, a goldilocks car

I’m so happy with it, why wouldn’t I enjoy and want to share this with Holden people, but particularly ZB owners, and especially those who have the 4 cyl petrol turbo

A fellow around the corner from me 12 months ago asked what’s your ZB like? I said, I’ll give you one word but am happy to expand on it, it’s “ remarkable” And of course it is.
He bought a wagon .

Tezza's ZB

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ye
i am happy with my zb, it goes hard and handles well.
i find it much more comfortable on long drives compared to my vf ssv and the colorado.

it is a shame it is the last of them because they are decent and have a lot to offer to people looking for that class of vehicle that are not being fanatical over a badge/name.
it first i was skeptical when they announced the change but since actually owning one i been quite surprised at how good the zb is.
one day i might get a vxr just to give the top of the range one a go but for 20k my v6 rs was a lot of vehicle for a low price.
let me second that absolutely. My 4 cyl petrol turbo is a gem. There are Holden people here who reek of jealousy, you can taste it by reading their words, and they are negative. They can rid themselves of that terribly debilitating burden simply by buying now and giving it a big kiss, and one big kiss from Tezza, who knows they’ll be a better man or woman from that day they buy the car

Status
Not open for further replies.