Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How to fix the sticky indicator in a VZ Commodore (BCM)

finz

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz s ute
Good on ya mate, you're a champion. I took my vz to an autoelectrician who gave me a quote of $842 to fix the sticking indicators plus charged me $80 to look at it in the first place. Mark

paulvz

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz
Hi I have the sticky indicator problem now as well and I wish to purchase a relay to solder in. Can anyone supply me with one?

bb4infinity

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Lumina Sedan
Hi paulvz. I have just received a shipment of HFKM relays with improved contacts. Please either PM me or contact me on 0425824333 (Melbourne) to organise for me to send you one.

KiwiRob

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
Hi, are you after a ZETTLER relay replacement for the sticky indicator problem when you arm the alarm? If so, i have some available here in Kaitaia, just arrived last week. I only needed one, but the min order value was US$25 plus postage, so I bought six.
Probably NZ$10 or thereabouts should cover the relay and would also cover a portion of the delivery from USA. I should be able to post it to you for about $4.50 NZ Post (for anyone wanting a relay within NZ). I could find out what the postage to AUS would be if anyone over there needs one. No point in having 5 spare relays sitting here.
Cheers.

Last edited:

RevOsis

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
Followed this guide to remove the sticky relay today, it was spot on and took me 40 minutes to remove, un-solder and put everything back together.

I just removed it for now as i would rather have no hazzard lights and flashing indicators instead of the thing sticking everytime,

im now waiting for a group buy :)

I recently bought a VZ Commodore that has this same problem with the sticking indicator. I temporarily resolved the problem by removing the fuse under the steering wheel for the hazard lights. The indicators still work fine when I am driving, I just don't have any hazard lights or flashing indicators when I arm or disarm the alarm.

Thank you Dolsen for taking the time to write this guide for people like me to find, it is very appreciated. Now I can finally fix this problem without having to pay for a new BCM. All I need to do now is find a replacement relay before I remove the BCM.

bcw61 do you still have any relays left? If anyone else has one of these relays, please PM me.

Thanks.

sv647

Reaction score
Members Ride
'04' VZ SV6
Hi there, im after the same relay for my vz sv6 '04' sticky indicator issue please pm details =)

bb4infinity

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Lumina Sedan
I have plentiful supplies of both the improved HFKM relays and the Zetttler substitutes. Please either PM me or contact me on 0425 824 333 (Melbourne) to organise for me to send you one. Cheers, Rodney.

mirata

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ SV6
Hi all,

I signed up to this forum for the specific purpose of thanking all the contributors to this topic. The Internet is indeed an awesome place of knowledge..

Brian Gardner Holden Perth quoted me $1125 for a new BCM! Couldn't believe it. Another place quoted $650, but still ridiculous for a sticky relay. I installed a new Zettler relay today and it seems fine. Due to caution and lack of experience, it took me a few hours to get the thing out and remove the old relay. Being tall it was really hard getting in to see what needed to be done without a mirror.

I'll be happy to provide tips for anyone considering trying it. Its the least I can do to try to contribute back.

Cheers all,
Dan