Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How to fix the sticky indicator in a VZ Commodore (BCM)

billsby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Acclaim
Thanks guys another BCM successfully repaired.Cheers

vzchaser

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Wagon ex ploice
Hello Dolsen, thank you for the documentation for this fix. I have a question. I have an ex police VZ wagon. I have already had a BCM replaced by a local Auto electrician about 3 years ago (approx 80,000km $350.00). Car now has done 150,000km and is showing symptoms of needing another one (headlights, radio staying on and all but one door locks when locking with remote key lock etc). In your fix you replace one relay. But I have noticed there are other relays on the left hand side of the circuit board. My problem is not just sticky indicators (although that happens) it is other things as well. I wonder if I need to replace these other relays as well if they relate to other functions, ie headlights, door locks etc. Any Thoughts. PS I also need to source the relay/s.

ivabiggen

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz Executive
hi, bcw61, add me to the list, need a relay, thanks.

bcw61

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 2005 Executive Wagon
Hello Dolsen, thank you for the documentation for this fix. I have a question. I have an ex police VZ wagon. I have already had a BCM replaced by a local Auto electrician about 3 years ago (approx 80,000km $350.00). Car now has done 150,000km and is showing symptoms of needing another one (headlights, radio staying on and all but one door locks when locking with remote key lock etc). In your fix you replace one relay. But I have noticed there are other relays on the left hand side of the circuit board. My problem is not just sticky indicators (although that happens) it is other things as well. I wonder if I need to replace these other relays as well if they relate to other functions, ie headlights, door locks etc. Any Thoughts. PS I also need to source the relay/s.

FYI, I have a quantity of the other relays available. If your fault finding indicates a U/S relay, just identify which ones you after, and then PM me.

buckster77

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 1 SSV Redline Ute
Hi bcw61, could you please let me know if you have any more. Cheers