Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Insurance for P Platers

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
$800 last time i paid it. When its up again, i'll be changing companies, to shannons if they let me!

When i first bought it, it was 2400 a year, (before the 3 different $400 excesses)

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
But what if the car is written off? What if the car is smashed into by a different driver who is uninsured? Full comp covers these things!

simple. spend the money saved buying third party instead of comprehensive and buy a new car.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
simple. spend the money saved buying third party instead of comprehensive and buy a new car.

People actually do this? I can't say i've ever heard of someone doing things this way!

'Oh my car got smashed into, but since i only had 3rd party, i bought another'......

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
im sure there are plenty of people that this has happened to. i know quite a few actually

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
now youre just posting crap and cant back up your argument any further. one example on here would be morton. what happened to him when someone ran into the back of him? he went out and bought another car

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
1 person in how many million?

My point was, full comp is the way to go, even if your car is worthless! Something like a gemini worth $300 maybe not, but a car you plan on keeping a while to get to work, it is in your best intrests to get full comp. Once again, a thread is derailed......

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
oh would you give up. your arguments suck and hardly anyone agrees with you.

so what i posted one person? you never asked me to post a specific number of examples, and why should i bother. i can think of a few more that i know personally, but youre that ignorant that you just laugh at every post and dont bother actually reading them. my many posts have already proven you wrong that full comp isnt always the best way to go, but of course, our posts mean nothing to you

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
$800 last time i paid it. When its up again, i'll be changing companies, to shannons if they let me!

When i first bought it, it was 2400 a year, (before the 3 different $400 excesses)[/QUOTE]

Exactly, which supports fully my points which you dispute about the total cost of the insurance in the case of an "at fault" claim. Have another look at the OP's post just after your last one to me - the one posted at 2.32pm. He said himself that Comprehensive doesn't make sense due to the value of HIS car to HIM. Your VP might be worth it to you, but to others, it doesn't make sense.

And now you only pay $800 per year, because you have gotten through the rough early years of high insurance and low driving experience.

Just accept that some of us disagree with you and our views are just as valid as yours. And the points I made earlier ARE relevant, in light of what the OP has admitted.