Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

304 Intake Manifolds

383 hatch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Ute 5.0,Torana hatch 383,WB Ute 5.0,VR stato5.0
Dyno fudging is no where near impossible...Moving the air temp sensor is only one of many ways of fudging figures. Mate, you wouldn't pick up 70rwkw going from a Banana to a TP, Let alone from a COME....The TP would make a fair bit more in the low to mid range than the COME, but not in peak power. Peak power would be about the same.

However, if you trust him, that's fine be me. I don't even know the guy :p

apoc585

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Maloo
Ive heard the COME manifolds are designed for high rpm too, and im after low-mid rpm.
With the T/P ones, the dual plane low rise ones seem more for the rev range im looking at.

Has anyone seen or used the elbows that can bolt on top?
18122008_xd5k.jpg

sorry about the sizing, its straight off a site selling them at $695

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
The come twin throttle allways makes more peak power then than TP dual plane, it's not quite as fast.... but it'll make more peak power. With the banana manifold or starr (same thing)

You will allways be limited to how much power your motor can make at 4500-5000 rpm and that's never going to be much more than 200 rwkw no matter what you do to it. Wont matter if it's a 253 or 383, the peak power revs will go up or down put you will still be at or just under 200. The TP low rise dual plane (harrop dual is similar) will make about 220 maaaaybe 230rwkw on a typical street 355. The high rise dual will make a bit more than that but it's a bigger manifold area wise in the runner so will loose low end even tho it's better in other areas (cooling etc)

apoc585

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Maloo
its the torque that changes considerabley though isnt it greenfoam or is it not worth changing?

GOTMYN

Stab it and Steer...
Reaction score
Members Ride
Whippled 5.7, VE SV6, GU Patrol 3.0DI
I thought we were talking about a Holden Block???

If It's an Ls1, 240rwkw, Piece of P!ss...lol...

96SEN8R

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS and VS Senator 215i
Ive heard the COME manifolds are designed for high rpm too, and im after low-mid rpm.
With the T/P ones, the dual plane low rise ones seem more for the rev range im looking at.

Has anyone seen or used the elbows that can bolt on top?
18122008_xd5k.jpg

sorry about the sizing, its straight off a site selling them at $695

Forget bout it. If you have a 355 and want good mid range.. to hi-rise dual plane. If you wanted peaky power I would say single plane. Alternatively get your low rise, and when you realise its shithouse up top, chuck a 2inch spacer on it. With a 355, its going to be torquey down low anyway. What cam are you running in this engine by the way? The elbow you got here, i think not only looks **** but wont work as well as a 1000cfm throttlebody. not to mention having to buy the ls1 throttle, hooking up induction etc. Call Craig Bennet and talk to him. He'll set you in the right direction.

apoc585

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Maloo
GOTMYN, i am talkin about a holden block, it was just the idea of the elbow off the top of a T/P dual plane type manifold thats all.

96SEN8R, im after low to mid range which is why i was lookin at the dualplane, top end will rarely get used. Havent finalised a cam yet. As for the elbow, it does look a bit ordinary, i'll give u that, but i can get an LS1 TB cheap enough and hookin up induction is easy enough as well so thats why i was giving it a thought. I didnt think the flow would be all that different though?

Last edited:

kiwi pup

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN V8 Excetuive
has anyone looked at the active twin tech item, twin throttles on a top hat style set up i think, saw them on ebay. will look for a link, im thinking of one on my car but dont know how they compare