Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Is this a sensor?

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
might have to buy one and work out the resistance used then change it a couple ohms and sell them as new an improved more hp, maby even do a summer and winter one with a easy swap connector for convenience... if u sell something cheap enough people will but them just to try out and not give a crap if they dont work...

Randymate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Redline
I'm a apprentice sparky and just checked it. It pulls 3.223 Ohms.

So the more resistance the more airflow allowed?? Meaning that the sensor would normally get resistance from the air box through some sort of mechanism?

The summer to winter idea would be a good way to fool people, thinking they get two 'mod chips' in one with a swap connector, make it look flashy and they are brain washed. So many people, so many stupid people.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
You sure its 3.2ohms? Not Kohms?

Randymate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Redline
Pretty sure it was 3.223 Ohms, but i will double tomorrow at work. Whys that?

So AFM = Air flow meter right? Not sure about IAT..

Just went into the back of the air filter box...

EDIT: Just looked mod chips up on another site about the Ohms, it must have read it at 3.2k Ohms, i might have been too busy eating smoko to realise

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
Pretty sure it was 3.223 Ohms, but i will double tomorrow at work. Whys that?

So AFM = Air flow meter right? Not sure about IAT..

Just went into the back of the air filter box...

EDIT: Just looked mod chips up on another site about the Ohms, it must have read it at 3.2k Ohms, i might have been too busy eating smoko to realise

3.2 would make the "chip" get very hot and draw a lot more current than the BCM can output

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
might have to buy one and work out the resistance used then change it a couple ohms and sell them as new an improved more hp, maby even do a summer and winter one with a easy swap connector for convenience... if u sell something cheap enough people will but them just to try out and not give a crap if they dont work...

Actually the idea that you would want is to change the voltage dependant upon the current voltage being read.

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt, that the resistance of this so called "chip" (resistor) is 3.22 Kohms

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
Actually the idea that you would want is to change the voltage dependant upon the current voltage being read.
yea so u keep it linear so its correct thru out the range, noticed in my LS2 u can adjust the IAT sensor reading in the tune, u can change what temp is what resistance... so want to test mine to see how close factory is to reality...