Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

J-LED Custom Paddle shift kit

Jayssvz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VEii SSV Z
If you mean me then no, i was just pointing out the obvious.

but i have to admit i do not like shonky business people.

My goodness you go on as if you do.

client told me he would post here because of his reservations of the kit seeing this post prior to purchase.

Also I received an email notification of posts to this forum. How was it that you knew someone posted?

Here’s the thing. Theres one guy who is trying to deface me with lies here and many others that state the exact opposite. See my MANY good reviews.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
My goodness you go on as if you do.

client told me he would post here because of his reservations of the kit seeing this post prior to purchase.

Also I received an email notification of posts to this forum. How was it that you knew someone posted?

Here’s the thing. Theres one guy who is trying to deface me with lies here and many others that state the exact opposite. See my MANY good reviews.

of course he told you lol thats how "quid pro quo" works :D

i find it interesting you got an email notification without a tag and then you reacted to my 2 month old comment, did you miss the email notification for that one 2 months ago?
how did i know there was a post here? i did not know, i got your reaction notification on my 2 month old post about 20 mins after your mate posted his review today and then you wait 4 hours to quote and respond to the same 2 month old comment :rolleyes:

as for the one guy and lies well that is your claim...
you seem to have forgotten parts of his claims that you did admit to like telling someone that they are not entitled to a refund with a false claim about self installed devices, acl would see that differently.
he also said you threatened legal action against him with a mention that your "sister is a lawyer" and you posted here that she was a lawyer so that kind of backs up his claim on that one unless he guessed your sisters occupation.

you then attempted to shut this thread down by reporting it and i suspect you claimed "defamation" because that was what the admin posted when they told you to stop reporting it.

when that did not work you proceeded to direct your customers to this thread to post positive reviews to try and discredit thorby as a lier attempting to deface you as you claim.

now the both you and thorby have not posted any of the transcript that took place so we can only guess there are truths on both sides of the argument which both sides do not wish to show and that is fine, its your horse flog it how you like.

here is something you need to understand...

a good review does not negate a bad review and vice versa.
you probably have a really good product which works well for most customers but customers have the right to review your product good or bad but where you stuffed up is coming here and treating your customer the way you did and then trying to shut the thread down to hide your chitfcukery.

doing that kind of shady dishonest stuff no positive review will change because as soon as things went sour with a customer it shows how you handle the customer, you should have run a holden dealership lol.

it is this kind of "shonky" stuff i dislike which i referenced in my comment you quoted.

thorby originally posted in july 2020 and you still cant get over it mate, you best move is to stop pointing customers to this thread and let it die and just go with your "many" positive reviews because this is a dead horse mate and it is pointless continuing to flog it over 1 bad review.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Oops... wrong post

Last edited:

oztech007

Reaction score
Members Ride
15 VE SSV 6.0t V8 A6 SEDAN
T
How do you know what jled did to resolve it or how it was installed?

Keep in mind you are the 3rd customer jled has sent to this tread to post a positive review.

I also find it interesting that jayssvz popped up on this thread 20 minutes after you posted ;)

All that aside just because you had a good review that does not invalidate thorbys review and your review was not just a review, you mentioned thorby several times attempting to downplay his experience with jled and thats it why it looks like the old "go write a positive review here and i will give you..."

We are all glad you are happy with the product.
The only reason I posted my review, and named thorby, was the fact that after I pulled out the Clock Spring Plug, it had the purple wire, just like thorby had. I was fairly shocked when I saw this wire, knowing that thorby had issues with his and that very same wire.
I then got straight onto jled through ebay messaging and asked what I do with this wire. He responded back to me and assured me it would work. I actually sort of had a go at jled, and said that I didn't want to waste my time installing the steering wheel if its not going to work, being that I too have this purple wire. He assured me it will work and I went on his word. And it did work.

I am not having a go at Thorby, nor have I ever had a go at him. I just purely mentioned that i'm not sure what Thorby's had done. And the posted an Honest review.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
I am not having a go at Thorby, nor have I ever had a go at him. I just purely mentioned that i'm not sure what Thorby's had done. And the posted an Honest review.

I am going to add my comment as a new thread, as I don't think its fair that one person should affect this business and put people off purchasing his product.

an honest review but you decided to try and discredit thorbys review?
and post it twice?

we all know jayssvz told you to come and post here because you are not the first customer he has told to come here and post so dont worry about that part of it all mate.

your experience with jled does not change the fact he treated thorby like sh!t, lied to him about consumer law and made threats to silence him and also tried to have this thread deleted with what i assume "the threat of defamation" going by the admins response.

yet somehow you seem to think its it is not fair that thorby should have his say and warn other people about that business?

giphy.gif

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
The law is simple... if a product doesn’t do what is expected or advertised (to be plug and play) it’s considered a major fault and the buyer can return the whole product and choose a full refund as his remedy. It’s ACL 101...

A buyer wanting to keep part of the kit (wheel?) complicates things as does a seller that expects someone to diagnose/fault finding a plug and play product... What should have been a simple transaction has turned into a war and piece novel. It’s dragging on...

Whats been lost in all of this is the product itself has worked flawlessly for many others... but this doesn’t mean that the negative experience should be brushed aside... Too much of a fixation of one negative review...

I blame eBay and social media for causing people to become fixated on +/- reviews, likes and the such, ahead of common sense... Technology improves while people seem to get dumber. Seems to be the way of the future...

Social media is turning us into the product. Next, the machine will turn us into their fuel source :p:oops:

Last edited:

Sveno

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE Calais L98
Hi,
Has anyone tried, fitted, a J-LED CUSTOMS paddle shift kit? Only $700 plus delivery, direct from J-LED. Seem good value compared to JHP and with more features. Plug and play, new flat bottomed white stitched wheel, module, wiring and fitting instructions. Plus phone advice. I would be interested in comments and experience of this product. Staff are helpful.
Hey mate would you happen to have the installation instructions I've lost mine and old mate from jled wants $15 for him to send me a copy

Sveno

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE Calais L98
Is that for a hard copy & post or PDF version emailed?
He reckons he doesn't do digital copies.. so it would be via snail mail.. from recollection when I got the kit there was only 2 pages..but I've misplaced it