Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Just bought a 2016 Calais wagon

VECalaisV8Wagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE CalaisV Wagon
Not sure what tuners can do for a v6 auto, but every 6l80e needs a tune as well as maintainence. I've gone through a few (tunes) and the box is nothing like stock. Way better shifting.
Agreed the best part of getting my custom tune was tuning the sloppiness out of the stock box.

Banjo79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Sportwagon
Not sure what tuners can do for a v6 auto, but every 6l80e needs a tune as well as maintainence. I've gone through a few (tunes) and the box is nothing like stock. Way better shifting.
Just to elaborate on "way better shifting", just guessing, seat of your pants, I think I might get maybe twice the shift speed as stock, like big noticeable difference. Somewhere between imperceivable to barely noticeable shifts at light throttle, not much more noticeable at moderate throttle and still perfecto, ramping up to about as fast, aggressive and "bitey"" that I think would be safe, when at WOT, just slams into next gear so fast and it never ceases to amaze me, but its probably a bit too stressful on the box, but who knows, might get it backed off a tad one day. Anyways KPM had a mild fiddle 6+ years ago, which was a slight and probably very safe improvement. Oztrack did the last a few years ago, have three on the box, one with no converter lockup (fun for a day) and really apart from the e85 tuning they did, (98 to a less noticeable degree), the auto was really the highlight of the experience.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Just to elaborate on "way better shifting", just guessing, seat of your pants, I think I might get maybe twice the shift speed as stock, like big noticeable difference. Somewhere between imperceivable to barely noticeable shifts at light throttle, not much more noticeable at moderate throttle and still perfecto, ramping up to about as fast, aggressive and "bitey"" that I think would be safe, when at WOT, just slams into next gear so fast and it never ceases to amaze me, but its probably a bit too stressful on the box, but who knows, might get it backed off a tad one day. Anyways KPM had a mild fiddle 6+ years ago, which was a slight and probably very safe improvement. Oztrack did the last a few years ago, have three on the box, one with no converter lockup (fun for a day) and really apart from the e85 tuning they did, (98 to a less noticeable degree), the auto was really the highlight of the experience.
I don't want the gearbox to change more quickly once it's decided it's going to do so; it's plenty fast enough for me.
What I'd like is the level of smarts that the ZF 6spd (that they shoved in the more performancey Falcons) has ... it'd be nice if it's decision on how soon to change gears was something in between the extremes, and not either "yeah whenever I get around to it" or "we'll be revving really high in traffic now!". :D

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
What do the books show from day one with it regarding services?
Oil used?
How often was it changed?