Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Keeping My Ride Cool

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
They are tinted dark so they look alright, also good for stopping the water coming in off the windscreen.

Kernal

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ive got 5% tint, and a sun shade for the windscreen. Most people are stupid and put the sun shade on with the picture facing the window but that wont do ****. The pic is supposed to be facing the inside of the car and the reflector side towards the window. Thats how it reflects the heat lol. But yeh the tint and sun shade made a big difference. Then I started venting my sunroof. Now it never gets hot inside.

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
a black car is always going to struggle in the sun mate.... that's one of the downsides, i know because a previous car I owned was black (with black leather trim- so was really comfortable to sit on during summer) :).

reflective blinds as already suggested make a huge difference, and even though it probably wont last long those little fans things might not be a bad idea... at least car security isnt as compromised as leaving window slightly open.
mind you if someone really wants to get into your car, a brick will 'open' a window whether its left cracked open or not.

burleighboy86

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY10 SV6 A6
I know it sounds over the top, but if you're desperate enough, perhaps a car cover could work. A good quality one should lower the temperature somewhat I'd imagine?

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Car covers tend to scratch cars if they arent spotlessly clean, fark washing the car every morning haha.

burleighboy86

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY10 SV6 A6
Car covers tend to scratch cars if they arent spotlessly clean, fark washing the car every morning haha.

Or, if he wants to take up several car spaces, he could run into Kmart and buy one of those temporary plastic carports Lol.

EDIT

$80 from memory. Not something I'd do however...

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Or plant a tree next to his bay and wait a few years :)

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
Easiest way to keep your car cool is by fitting 22 inch chromies, airbags, pimp tint and a loud exhaust. It might still burn your balls on gbe seat but you will look pretty cool doing it.

You forgot the ICE!

Super massive superwoofa's in the boot rattling everything on the car (especially the number plates) will drop internal temperatures at least 15 degrees.

ICE ICE BABY.... stop..... collaborate and listen....

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
I think your best "cheap" bet would be to get window shade things all round.

I know it's difficult to always get a spot in the shade as there are many others who ahve the same idea.

Your main objective is to keep as much sun out of your car as possible. The other objective is to allow any trapped heat to escape.

But leaving a window cracked open isn't an option for those of us who worry about our cars.

Just go nuts and buy heads of sun reflector thing at supercheap... put them front and back... maybe get those suction cap mesh ones for the side windows...

Just cound yourself that you don't have a car wth black leather... I am DEFINATELY not looking forward to summer! lol.

Good luck with it mate.