Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Late model interceptors on Early Commodores

anf355

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB Commodore
yea when you think about it, they're not the most attractive wheel, kinda ugly cool, but still, I just want a 15inch gloss black set with chrome rings.

anf355

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB Commodore
thanks for all the info

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I believe some even had 15x7 heavy duty with extra welding on the barrel to face. I had a set.

I have seen 15X7 steelies, which have ute stamped on the outer face....The offset appears to be slightly different to the normal ones and they appear to be a little more solid in design. I'd hesistate to say, they'd be that way to cope with the extra load a ute is designed to take

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Thanks to 'Mad Max' and his Falcon.

More useless info …. my CrewmanX6 has 16 x 6" or 7" spare, and the offset is supposedly different to other (Commodore) steel wheels. Dunno, never measured or used it.

Funny enough, the first I heard of them being called interceptors, was on the interweb.....The average joe blow that comes in, looking for these sorts of wheels, for both Falcons and Commodores refer to them as chasers...I might add, the Falcon steel wheels are 15X6 and I'm sure they were silver as well, when fitted to police cars....The standard 15X6 steel wheel is brown or black, however they still insist they are chasers, because they are steel wheels (I assume)

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Why would you want Chasers?? IMHO there are far better looking wheels like the SS five spoke. Not having a dig BTW, I just don't think they are attractive. Maybe if you were trying to build an old school police replica... But that is simply my opinion.

I'll admit I like the 5 spoke SS wheel, but I'm a fan of the steel wheel, painted black with a chrome outer ring fitted....Reminds me of the old school look

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
I have often thought the chaser or interceptor names given to what were basically standard Executive steel rims was a huge wank.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
I was always of the impression that the standard steel rims were 15x6 while the "chaser" or "interceptor" steel rims were 15x7, hence the differentiation in name.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
They could be but the standard rims seem to get bundled under the same title. A look through gumtree will find heaps of sets of "chasers" for sale, with standard 205/15s fitted. Some close ups of the rims even show the rim size at 15x6.00JJ.

Brisbarnz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vh sle
Stato chasers have a unique offset of 26p not 45p. They will scrub on any other car.