Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Late model interceptors on Early Commodores

Discussion in 'VB - VK Holden Commodore (1978 - 1985)' started by anf355, Nov 6, 2018.

1. vc commodore

vc commodore Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    vc commodore
    I'd say, a good way to rip off people with steel wheels, by just adding in those names into an ad

Calaber likes this.
  2. figjam

figjam Donating Member

Members Ride:
    Monaro CV8 series 3, Cross 6 Crewman, Territory.
    When I was looking for 3 matching steelies for the X6, (bought alloys instead), I was told Holden and Falcon steelies were in high demand with top prices from caravan and trailer builders. Don't know if that is still the case.

3. losh1971

losh1971 Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    VR Ute V6
    Nah not anymore, trailers and most vans have their own designed rims now. Everything trailer is made much the same axle width etc, depending on the width of the tray. Probably own three or four width axles nowadays. Rims are basically all the same offset. They did that a few years ago so that everything can be mass produced and standardised, making building trailers easier. Bit like a Macca's burger, only 10 varieties of the same thing, with all the basics alike.

4. vc commodore

vc commodore Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    vc commodore
    Not sure in your neck of the woods, but Commodore 15X6 steelies are as common as a maccas burger....The ones that were difficult to get were the 15" Falcon steelies....The 14" Falcon steelies were more common that a commodore 15 X 6 steelie

I have also found, that car trailers and caravans tend to run a 14" wheel.....The price of 14" light truck tyres are cheaper than the 15" equiviliant