Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

chilliblack

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX commodore executive series II
I have noticed whenever I open my boot, water drips out and sinks into the back. My spare has become all rusted and useless. Would this be an issue with seals in the boot?

*also my car has started to overheat often. What would potential causes of this be? Any assistance is appreciated.

timothy1

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX II SS
mine does this too, pisses me off. i don't know if you can stop it. i just open my boot about half way so it trips on the body instead of inside the boot then when it stops dripping i open it the whole way.

hossy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx -ss
my vx does this as well sonebody must know the answer

JSTCOZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VT S-Pack II
just a fault with the vt and vx, don't know why, but pretty much EVERY vt/vx will do it. can;t really stop it, just open it a little bit so it dont drip straight down lol

commodore_4_life

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S Pac, 5 Spd
I've heard that if you replace the boot garnish seal it can solve the problem... But i wouldn't actually know... Also happens to me too. :(

johnno010684

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport M6, Subaru Brumby-daily, TM Magna
haha, yeah this sucks, i got told it was the rubbers under my spoiler so i replaced them but still leaks, havent tried the garnish seal yet, but all i did was drill a tiny tiny hole at the bottom of garnish going into light reflector either side and this has stopped the water build up completely. however there is still condensation in the reflector housing grrr.

vx-s-5spd

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx s
haha, yeah this sucks, i got told it was the rubbers under my spoiler so i replaced them but still leaks, havent tried the garnish seal yet, but all i did was drill a tiny tiny hole at the bottom of garnish going into light reflector either side and this has stopped the water build up completely. however there is still condensation in the reflector housing grrr.
any other side effects apart from the condensation? Because i have my guitar amp and cab in the boot and i constantly get water on the amp and in the speakers. Sick of pulling them apart to clean/dry them.

tipene

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx commodore callais series 2
vx boot leaking

Its a pain in the arse.
I siliconed around the spoiler contact to the boot.
The leak in mine is from the spoiler mounts