Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

leaking fluid

pablo

Donating member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Was a 1997 vt v6 wagon
If the hose is held on with a screw 'worm' type clamp, try tightening it a bit more to stop the leak, till you get the problem fixed properly.

banga

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt berlina series 1
check your radiator tanks as well as they can crack/split and coolant can run down

D-Man

All over it...
Reaction score
Website
www.nextdigital.com
Members Ride
99 VT Calais II v6
OK, I checked it out a bit more thoroughly yesterday and there's a leaking hose, I think it's a radiator hose.. It's the really thick one anyway. I took it for a drive then came back and popped the hood and heard a spitting noise, and the hose was leaking bright green fluid (which is radiator coolant right?) But it has been leaking a huge amount of fluid on to the ground, could all this be from the leak? And also could I have done any greater damage than a stuffed hose? Thanks

if it was just the hose most likley not,

you should have had a warning light come on if the coolant was getting dangerously low. by the sounds it hasnt so you should be right,

just check that the hose is done up tightly... half a turn or so could be the difference between having to buy or not buy a new hose for $30 or w/e (might be cracked in that case get a new one - but no point wasting money.)