Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Looking at buying VF SSV Redline

Bhp Steel

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
holden
Cheers guys. Ended up picking the car up late yesterday afternoon. Really enjoyed driving it around last night. It's so quiet and comfortable, rides really well and the stereo sounds fantastic for a stocker. Only thing I've noticed with it is that when streaming bluetooth audio it'll sometimes get really glitching like it's struggling to keep up with the streaming. Is that normal? Either way, usually I'll have my ipod plugged in via USB, but I managed to leave it at work so bluetooth for now. Other than that I'm loving it. Auto is great and the paddle shifters work pretty well, really responsive and the gearbox won't override you, which is nice. I reckon with a trans tune they'd be fantastic. Anyway, here's a couple of photos from yesterday. Liking my colour choice.

2014-12-19%2018.55.38_zpsgig0mh2n.jpg

2014-12-19%2018.54.56_zpsi6j2v8bx.jpg

Noticed that the black valence no longer goes up around the number plate....just like the Calais....Shame as this sets off the rear end and gives it the muncho look!

graphicgoose

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY15 VF SSV Redline
The gloss black valance does go up around the number plate, just the way the light is reflecting off the gloss black at that angle :)

Some interior pics, apologies for the lighting.

20141220_113857_zps4hpxuu95.jpg

20141220_113903_zpsaggdbv8j.jpg

20141220_113922_zpsetwnucgj.jpg

Bhp Steel

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
holden
Noticed that the black valence no longer goes up around the number plate....just like the Calais....Shame as this sets off the rear end and gives it the muncho look!

My apologies.....it appeared as though it was colour co-ordinated behind the number plate surround and there appeared to be definite cut off line at the bottom of the number plate.

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Yes faster shifts are supposed to be on your car, It has been implemented in the export Chevy SS, so that is the most interesting bit about MY15 for me... whether the latest version of the T43 transmission controller will play nice with the VE's superseded ECU (VF's e38 ECU has faster clock speed and more capabilities).
As at December 2014, EFILive, one of the two professional tuning suites for our car, has no update catering for the new features of the T43 OS as far as I know, the new MY15 VF tune is not available.
If your tuner or someone can relay the part numbers and software versions for the TapShift 2.0 that would help things.

falcom

Reaction score
Holden finally get the Commodore right with the VF and soon it will be gone forever.

Not sure about the new wheels on the redline. I think I much prefer the wheels on the MY14.

JETURBO

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF R8 SV
Show me the flappy paddles stripes

Senator01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 6.2
I know the MY15 went standard all black interior, but would have liked the red stitching to be kept?