Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Looking at buying VF SSV Redline

falcom

Reaction score
Why would the dealer pay stamp duty? Dealers don't pay duty on dealer stock.
The buyer will pay stamp duty when they sell the car.

They are not buying it to keep it, they are buying it to sell it so they will have to pay the stamp duty hence the profit they make on the sale is what they get over $62,400.

GH05T

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
nope, dealer licence = stamp duty exempt.

vl_nick

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Wagon, VF Redline
transfer into dealers name will not attract stamp duty. It is when they sell it to a retail buyer that stamp duty needs to be paid, and is usually included in a dealers advertised price as a "Drive-away" price.

Senator01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 6.2
transfer into dealers name will not attract stamp duty. It is when they sell it to a retail buyer that stamp duty needs to be paid, and is usually included in a dealers advertised price as a "Drive-away" price.

Might be in their price but doesn't stop you paying for rego transfer which includes Stamp Duty. Only time you don't pay SD from a dealer is if it is a brand new car, OR, you have arranged a deal where the dealer will cover the SD. Either way, they never lose.

graphicgoose

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY15 VF SSV Redline
Got a phone call from the dealer today saying my car had just arrived on a truck, so I popped in to have a look on my way home...she's pretty :) getting tinted and lowered a little bit tomorrow and I'll be picking it up Saturday morning. Liking the gloss black rear valance, not sure I'm sold on the wheels yet, but we'll see.

Senator01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 6.2
Got a phone call from the dealer today saying my car had just arrived on a truck, so I popped in to have a look on my way home...she's pretty :) getting tinted and lowered a little bit tomorrow and I'll be picking it up Saturday morning. Liking the gloss black rear valance, not sure I'm sold on the wheels yet, but we'll see.

Good job ... Colour??

Have to wait till Feb for mine - getting Black roof & Black Wing

JETURBO

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF R8 SV
I hear a RR on and the goose are lovers ....