Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Lowering VF2 SSV Redline Sedan

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
So I guess you like cats? You're doing a stellar job too. Keep it up.

Put A Tiger In Your Tank 2.jpg

Put A Tiger In Your Tank 1.jpg

AllanT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series II SSV Gen3
So after a visit Pedders and checking the car, it sits as expected by the American Web sites and Pedders internal info. Nothing like the Brochure.
Going back in Jan to fit the lower front springs 220092 which actually have the same rate as the 2954 fitted. I dont think it helps I run with the fuel tank mostly full and run a full size spare. I'll keep the current front springs... in storage..

So my install will run 220092 in front and 2955 in the rear and should give close enough to an even wheel guard gap..

I get they don't cut springs or run shims, but you never know what goes on beyond a catalog.

3rspecB
Btw love the picture at Cornnell Engineering.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BbIYpVpAEKj/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet
One I took of my Bike.
ScreenHunter_567 Jan. 02 21.41.jpg

Finally sits right for me.. 2955 in rear 220092 front pictured with a full tank.

Maz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV-R M6
Finally sits right for me.. 2955 in rear 220092 front pictured with a full tank.

Thanks for posting this info @AllanT - sorry it cost you a set of front springs.

You're car is looking good and sitting nice. How are you finding the handling, and how does the ride compare to the OEM?

AllanT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series II SSV Gen3
My brain passed over this the first time I read it so one word of warning, the days of cutting springs are well and truly over plus it will cost you and why lift the rear when it already looks good.

Take the car back to Pedders and have the front springs swapped out, if you have to pay for the privilege to fix it up then so be it, we all have moments where we make errors in judgement that costs us, that's part and parcel when it comes to playing with cars.

Thanks for posting this info @AllanT - sorry it cost you a set of front springs.

You're car is looking good and sitting nice. How are you finding the handling, and how does the ride compare to the OEM?

Not bad slightly firmer, does thump a little on big bumps, guess its the shorter travel, remaining. So far it's fine... maybe, just may be new struts all round might be better. But will wait and see.

martinpalac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Commodore
Ive recently installed King Spring SSL all round on my 2015 VF SS series 1. I kept the stock shocks for those who are interested
Hopefully my file (photo) upload works.

Attachments

• 89020AE3-F064-41E8-9466-27FC7C825D5C.jpeg
    89020AE3-F064-41E8-9466-27FC7C825D5C.jpeg
    455.2 KB · Views: 440

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
Not bad slightly firmer, does thump a little on big bumps, guess its the shorter travel, remaining. So far it's fine... maybe, just may be new struts all round might be better. But will wait and see.

I’ve been told that the stock shocks will do the job during normal driving, they won’t last as long but will save you some money by not discarding a perfectly good set.

But if you want the suspension to work at its optimum then swap them out for shorter ones that are designed to operate and dampen effectively with less travel.

At the suggestion of the suspension shop who did some work on one of my cars I keep the stock set and you could notice a difference between the long and short shocks on a lowered car when you turned in hard but I felt nothing different in my daily driving.

My suggestion is go for the shorter ones but if you are on a budget then wait until the stock ones need replacing, just don’t expect the car to be perfectly planted in the bends while you’re still using the original set.

Andrew Hurley

Reaction score
Website
purepoolheating.com.au
Members Ride
VF series 2 SSV Redline
That's exactly why you tell them the height you want and let them sort it out. Then when it's wrong they can sort it out. My suspension place is a kings distributor in WA. They won't even give me back the car if it wasn't right. What places are you guys using?? Crack smokers??

Hey aaronm,
What's the shop that fitted your kings called in WA? I wanna take my VF2 redline to him as I want mine lowered to 360 as well. Looks **** hot mate.

Playz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF 2
Quick question how do I undo the rear sway bar from control arm on series2 redline to remove rear strut?
I saw earlier models had a link arm like in the front but rear sway bar mounts different.

Help LOL cars in the air as we speak and I don’t want to remove sway bar mount if it’s to difficult to reinstall

RED LION

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Redline
So hypothetically having a Redline sedan as a family car. How would coil overs go with a wife and a baby? I’d be all for coilovers for me but I have to also consider a wife that may complain and a baby that will bounce around lol