Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Lowering VF2 SSV Redline Sedan

SHAYNE Kiwi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF commodore SSV Redline
I have a friend in the supply field so got springs for $100 each and shocks 200 each

monty_vfssv

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV S2 Redline
Do you mind me asking roughly what it cost. Ive already got lowered (Walkinshaw) springs. But looking to put some short shock in also.
I purchased my Monroe short shocks off eBay for $500 delivered to my door, seller was called
archm-suspension. Had to send them a message as they didn't have them advertised. They also sell monroe shock with kingspring kits for $780

pretty good shock for the price.. huge improvement over the standard shocks i had with lowered springs.

Last edited:

Playz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF 2
Eibach Pro Kit
C6CCF780-A7EC-4BCC-B4E5-72B0D762BAD4.jpeg

Playz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF 2
The kit is just front and rear springs. Cost ranges from $394.95 to $425 depending where you buy them. I got them on sale off Sparesbox for $320 odd.

SHAYNE Kiwi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF commodore SSV Redline
From above posts I’ve just measured my rear drop and it’s way out of spec. I was hoping for 365 on the SSL and it’s gone down to 345mm half tank fuel, quite floaty too, so I’ll go for a SSL HD. X force exhaust has taken a hiding !

jono67

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 S1 Calais V Sportwagon V6
For those interested, I had one of my rear wheels off the car the other day to double check my wheel offset (see Brembo brake upgrade thread) and I had a look to see what springs had been installed as I bought my car from the first owner.

The rear has Pedders 202955 Touring springs. Next time I have a front wheel off I'll see if it's the same model spring. Whilst not ultra low, it's massively better than the stock ride height, and I generally don't have any issues on driveways etc. I think from memory from the center of the wheel hub to the guard lip both front and back (depending on fuel in the tank) it measured around 370mm.
VF - Right side.jpg

LS1SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline.1970 Dodge R/T Challenger 440 six pack.
That’s the same height as mine,I got a set of Wakinshaw spring at the rite price and put in Bilstiens shocks,I couldn’t believe of good a ride it now has over fe3.

jono67

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 S1 Calais V Sportwagon V6
Had the front wheels off today, so for anyone interested:

Pedders Touring Springs
Front 202 954 C 1407
Rear 202 955 C 1407
On a full tank - measurements centre of wheel hub to the guard lip:
Front 370mm
Rear 365mm (so obviously evens up with lower fuel)

While I was looking at the spring model number I noticed my front struts where stamped:

GM RN (right strut)
Monroe
D 08N014 3

Seeing as it has GM stamped on it, does anyone know if these would be OEM struts or aftermarket Monroe struts?

saroadie

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SV6 Storm
Had the front wheels off today, so for anyone interested:

Pedders Touring Springs
Front 202 954 C 1407
Rear 202 955 C 1407
On a full tank - measurements centre of wheel hub to the guard lip:
Front 370mm
Rear 365mm (so obviously evens up with lower fuel)

While I was looking at the spring model number I noticed my front struts where stamped:

GM RN (right strut)
Monroe
D 08N014 3

Seeing as it has GM stamped on it, does anyone know if these would be OEM struts or aftermarket Monroe struts?
The struts will be modified GM OEM struts. Stock OEM struts are sealed with the Monroe damper inside. Pedders (and others) cut off the very top of OE struts to remove the OE damper. The strut then has a threaded section welded in place so that a removable gland nut can be installed. This permits them to install a different damper insert into the strut. Pedders only make the insert and possibly the welded-on threaded section. If pedders fitted them to your car and kept your OE struts, they'd modify those for the next customer.
BTW Holden won't have made the OEM strut housing. That'd be done in another factory possibly China.

Last edited: