Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Lowering VF2 SSV Redline Sedan

saroadie

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SV6 Storm
Jono67 reread your post and realise you only said Pedders springs sorry.
It's a guess to know if your car has OEM (supplied by Monroe) or aftermarket Monroe struts. In your case, my guess is OEM as my removed OEM struts I still have show similar markings to yours.

Sheppbloke

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV Redline
How's the ride and handling with those Jono67 compared to standard FE3?

jono67

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 S1 Calais V Sportwagon V6
Jono67 reread your post and realise you only said Pedders springs sorry.
It's a guess to know if your car has OEM (supplied by Monroe) or aftermarket Monroe struts. In your case, my guess is OEM as my removed OEM struts I still have show similar markings to yours.
All good saroadie, appreciate the info, going by the above post, sounds like they are in fact OEM, interesting they get Monroe to manufacture them though.

Last edited:

jono67

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 S1 Calais V Sportwagon V6
How's the ride and handling with those Jono67 compared to standard FE3?
Shepp, it's hard to compare to the standard suspension as I bought this car 2nd hand as is, so I can only comment on it with the current springs, and it appears standard struts.

It does ride a little harsh, that is, you do feel the smallest of bumps etc in the road, but it's not too bad. I guess some of that can be put down to 19" rims like all cars with them or larger. Handling wise there still is a fair bit of body roll if you go hard into tight corners, but overall it is fairly stable and has a good solid feel to it on the road through sweeping corners. Probably would benefit from stiffer rear shocks/front struts to go with the lowered centre of gravity from the springs though.

Sheppbloke

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV Redline
Thanks Jono. What you described sounds pretty much on par with FE3. Considering you have a better ride height, that's not bad at all.

JohnRedline

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline
Looks nice for sure but I did same thing to my VFII SSV Redline using the stock FE3 shocks with eibach springs. It did not ride nice at all. Even though pedders etc will tell you that the eibach match the stock FE3 shocks, they really don’t. I ended up taking my car back to holden to put the stock FE3 springs back and they found that two of the shocks had actually gone past the stops and it had to be sent away to reverse that problem plus all of the mounts were damaged too. That was a big lesson. Now I have a spare set of eibach springs and I might try and match them with B8 bilsteins and see how that goes. So far, it’s been a waste of money. Do it right first time. At a minimum, use sports shocks designed to go with the eibach springs.

JohnRedline

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline
That’s the same height as mine,I got a set of Wakinshaw spring at the rite price and put in Bilstiens shocks,I couldn’t believe of good a ride it now has over fe3.
What bilsteins did you put in? B8 was it? That is what I am thinking about using with my eibach springs. What’s the ride like compared to stock? Would really appreciate a side on pic if you can share. Cheers

JohnRedline

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline
Thanks Jono. What you described sounds pretty much on par with FE3. Considering you have a better ride height, that's not bad at all.
No way. Stock FE3 is way smoother than putting lowering springs in with stock FE3 struts. Trust me, don’t do it. It’s crap, at least on a SSV Redline fitted with FE3. If you want to lower, then put in matching sport shocks as well. I am about to do that to my car. Haven’t made a final decision yet because am a little worried after the disaster of installing just the eibach pro kit with stock struts.

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
Supashock in SA supply the supercar shocks anyone heard anything about their quality and price point?

RED LION

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Redline
Anyone running Kings with Bilstein B8's? Seems like a common combination on eBay.