Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Lowering VF2 SSV Redline Sedan

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Supashock in SA supply the supercar shocks anyone heard anything about their quality and price point?

They must be good(and expensive).
Its what HSV fitted to the W1's.

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
They must be good(and expensive).
Its what HSV fitted to the W1's.
Kind of what I thought. They seem to do a heap of R & D for many different product implementations, will send them an email.

LS1SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline.1970 Dodge R/T Challenger 440 six pack.
I have just fitted Eibach springs and Bilstien shocks,the ride is a lot better than FE3,it’s not as jiggly,it’s nice and firm not harsh,the front as you know need a specially modified std shock housing,you can trade yours in for modified ones,they need a collar welded at the top of the strut to accept the Bilstien screw in collar,Konis are the same,after fitting and running around from centre of wheel to guard lip in measured out at 175,the back ones are a straight fit and the shocks have three grooves with a circlip that you can change the rear height,I set mine in the middle and centre to guard was 160 so to low for me so yesterday I compressed the springs and put the circlip on top groove and it came out at 180 with no fuel,shall fuel up during the week and see what the final figure is.Im passed cars scraping the ground so now I like them just nice and lower all round and no longer do speed humps terrifie me.

JohnRedline

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline
Anyone running Kings with Bilstein B8's? Seems like a common combination on eBay.
I have just fitted Eibach springs and Bilstien shocks,the ride is a lot better than FE3,it’s not as jiggly,it’s nice and firm not harsh,the front as you know need a specially modified std shock housing,you can trade yours in for modified ones,they need a collar welded at the top of the strut to accept the Bilstien screw in collar,Konis are the same,after fitting and running around from centre of wheel to guard lip in measured out at 175,the back ones are a straight fit and the shocks have three grooves with a circlip that you can change the rear height,I set mine in the middle and centre to guard was 160 so to low for me so yesterday I compressed the springs and put the circlip on top groove and it came out at 180 with no fuel,shall fuel up during the week and see what the final figure is.Im passed cars scraping the ground so now I like them just nice and lower all round and no longer do speed humps terrifie me.
Can we see a photo please. This is the configuration I am thinking of getting. Also, Heasman steering told me no welding required for the latest VF Bilstein struts??

https://bilsteinworld.com.au/products/bilstein-strut-units-to-suit-vf-commodore/

saroadie

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SV6 Storm
Anyone running Kings with Bilstein B8's? Seems like a common combination on eBay.
Yep
IMG_20161006_135030_939.jpg

LS1SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline.1970 Dodge R/T Challenger 440 six pack.
Those struts with Bilstien shocks have only just come out like that,makes it a lot easier now,typo,when I wrote 160 I ment 360 centre rim to guard,I shall have to take some fotos of new ride height and post them here.

RED LION

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Redline
It looks good but the back is lower than the front, at least that’s how it appears and so with say 3 people in the back seat would make it worse. Also, that raked look is lost. But, it still looks good. Thanks for sharing.

Seems like a bit of a theme with the Eibachs as well. I’d rather an even look.