Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LS1 Guide to Power Stage I

wassa78

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore ss
maffless tune

sorry guys but i am new to this can someone explain what a maffless tune is. so i know it better and to who to go to. I am in geelong victoria

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
sorry guys but i am new to this can someone explain what a maffless tune is. so i know it better and to who to go to. I am in geelong victoria

Well, i wouldn't bother going mafless, it is just a tune without using the MAF sensor. Unless you plan on doing an OTR setup, there really is no point. I also wouldn't go to anyone in geelong unless you want your car trashed. G & D currently have a special until after bathurst for a full tune at only $660.

wassa78

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore ss
who and where is g and d . Um i dont have otr but i do have a ss growler cold air induction. $660 seems a good price

statesmanWH

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman
Where is the best place in Adelaide to get a Mafless tune?

cpbait

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss commodore 5.7ltr
hey everyone, i'm strongly thinking bout pacemaker tri y's after reading a few threads on here for my vyss gen3, also thinking bout the 2.5" redback twin system, are these a good system and are they mandrel bent or not? would i be better with custom pipping or are these worth the money and would i see good results(with hi-flow cats of course).
are the stainless systems better or same? with a tune what power figures would i be looking at? just trying to do some more research for a good system. any other recomendations besides red back? defenatly looking at tri y's though and either a lukey, red back or x force cat back system, what differences are there, thanku in advance.

cpbait

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss commodore 5.7ltr
also which would give a loader, deeper rumble for its money? and as i mentioned power figures too, compared to each other and prices.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
I have always stuck with defilipo systems, simply because the full systems have been tried and tested over and over again. Great sound too. Around $2500 for a full stainless system with cats tends to put people off though.

With 2 different SS's i got 238 rwkw exhaust and tune and 233 exhaust and tune.

cpbait

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss commodore 5.7ltr
was that with the same exhaust sytsems or different? yeh most systems iv been quoted are bout $2500, for diffilipo, x-force, etc, but iv been told most of it is the labour for doing the headers, was thinking of getting bits and pieces, like the pacemaker headers, then hi-flow cats, then a bit later get hi-flow mufflers all stainless, then get the pipe work done once iv got it all, so it doesn't hit the pocket so hard in one hit. but also thought maybe just a bolt on red back system might be easier to do, thought id get some advice and do some research first on it, what are your thoughts on that, a bolt on system or a custom made stainless system?