Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LS3 rocker cover oil leak

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
VF SS LS3 only done 12 000.
There is oil seeping on rocker cover around black rubber gasket. Both driver and passenger side. Driver side leaks at the bottom close to firewall and passenger side leaking along the top...
What is my ******* luck for this to happen only after 12 000 and on both sides...

Anyone else had oil leaks from these ?

Last edited:

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
You've got a lemon engine. Only heard of leaks in old ls1,s with age the gaskets go hard. Holden warranty.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
You've got a lemon engine. Only heard of leaks in old ls1,s with age the gaskets go hard. Holden warranty.

I am dropping it off tomorrow...

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
I am dropping it off tomorrow...

Can you post a few pictures before Holden destroys the evidence (I mean before Holden repairs it to your satisfaction)?

I must have a look at mine to see what's happening under the bonnet.

Dirty Harry

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF MY17 Series 2 Redline - Red Hot
Is there any possible link between this and the noisey lifters you reported elsewhere?

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Is there any possible link between this and the noisey lifters you reported elsewhere?

I don't think so...
I just can't think what the connection would be
Both will be investigated tomorrow and Thursday

Last edited:

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
they can leak and its easier then it should be the rocker covers when done up have a stop length so can only be done up till tight but its not the pressure on the seals that going tight its just the bolt surrounds, so if the seal isnt good then u can never tighten them any more to stop it unless u do some custom grinder work

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
they can leak and its easier then it should be the rocker covers when done up have a stop length so can only be done up till tight but its not the pressure on the seals that going tight its just the bolt surrounds, so if the seal isnt good then u can never tighten them any more to stop it unless u do some custom grinder work

I am guessing dodgy seals or dodgy covers...
Just unusual to have both leaking at the same time on an a car less than a year old...

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
yea if the rocker covers actually tightened up on the seal then they would be fine just a poor design, also can be a cause of access pressure in there from the crank case but if ur n/a shouldnt be an issue, id just remove covers then clean up then refit and check it after every drive see when it starts to leak and where from and maby just get some new seals if it does keep leaking u may be lucky and it re seats good and dosnt leak again