Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LSA LTFT reading high at low rpm. What should I do

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
u should be able to log volumetric efficiency and it will give u a value that should be close to your vve, if u go mafless can be better to go the custom OS if u have it as u get the proper VE table, if not just keep both but u have to dial both in

hjtrbo

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T / HJ Ute / VF2 R8
Getting the 2 bar VVE table dialled in better. My max manifold pressure from the logs is 185kPa.

I see the error of my ways from earlier where I only had the 1 bar map showing. That could have been nasty. I'm so glad you pointed that out to me! Learning learning learning...

1598065749990.png

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
looks good, bit if a dip there is that where u are having some throttle use ? may be a slight rich tip in ur accounting for or something like that ? and are u applying all changes to all the 4 vve tables ? if not then u should

hjtrbo

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Hey man, only applying changes on 2 tables:- manifold switch open & closed. No harm in pasting to DOD tables, I'll do that next drive.

Another couple of logs needed? I am rich / lean (+/-5%) around the dip so it makes it quite pronounced. I was happy with +/-5% variation as it is a massive improvement on where I was.

I still need to dial in 80-100kPa. I'm picking there isn't much point getting too carried away at the higher MAPS as under normal conditions PE will be enabled.

My wide band turned up the other day. I got the OBDII pass through one you mentioned. Pretty excited to get it in and play. Will install it when the weather clears up (Victoria).

My next mission is to see if I have tip in / out transient fuel issues. I have been reading a lot about it. Check out this log screen snot... Dreaded KR showed up. I'll know for sure once I have the wide band data. BUT, it could be for nothing as this particular log was taken with that sh!t VVE table I had that has the massive taper off that you pointed out to me when you said about re-scaling the MAP axis out to 2 or 3 bar. I haven't done a log with the new VVE table I posted above, it is waiting to go into the car.

1598079822012.png

Last edited:

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
are u logging actual "knock retard" , the retard or spark retard can be only torque based retard so ur not seeing actual knock, also log burst retard as it may only be that, u logging both 02's ? good to always watch them also as they can tell u alot even if they have a small window, 0.800 commanded is on the safe side so should be some error room till u get the WB going

hjtrbo

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Knock retard shows up. I didn't have my label correct. I did make sure not to select the generic sensor when it wants you too. No torque control. Burst knock is disabled. I'll add the O2 mv to my scan list. What you reckon about the data here on the left? Genuine knock?

1598084642502.png

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
yea looks like it's picking it up right, that's where is good to watch the 02's u can see if they are showing close to stoich or PE at that point so u can tell if it just need a little more fuel for tip in, i assume u have the desoot mode disabled ? maby try add 10% to the 100kpa transient impact row see if it helps

hjtrbo

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Desoot is disabled. I have added the 02's to my scan list. The wide band is going to be so useful. Can't wait to get it in and hit the road.

Thanks for the advice on the impact factor. I am still reading up on it. I've read that mucking around with manifold volume (increasing) can yield results too?

FYI Latest tune is attached.

Impact table is still stock
1598088264959.png

Attachments

• 4-9_hpt.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 116
Last edited:

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
the manifold volume can but it's general where the impact is more direct to an area so if all part throttle is ok u can just do the 100kpa or also the 90kpa as well to help into boost transition, ill have look at tune when im back on laptop later

hjtrbo

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks heaps. I am hoping you won't find anything that makes you shake your head.

As another tool, would bringing in PE similar to your suggestion earlier also help with tip in? Or is it generally the impact factor that catches that?