Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Monty Monaro

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
don't know what's happen there but heres more photos
yXr1GHY.jpg

WzOT1YR.jpg

h7xggWZ.jpg

sVkpY9b.jpg

SYBqM2w.jpg

I some how stuffed that post when I went into edit it
Here you go VS5.0
I could only get a decent photo from the side in dark , only using phone camera and too much brightness from directly behind car.
Monaro has being on daily duty for last 2 weeks and probably for next 2, at least 1 week. Can't complain it's being a huge amount of fun to drive .

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Oh yeah, and it needs a good clean and wash, hopefully tomorrow.

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
photo just because

have being thinking of getting a later fluted bonnet and it appears i've just missed a local opportunity but there is something i absolutely love about the purity of the original design

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah , that bonnet was for sale for a bit, I could have bought it, I am torn between both looks and the more I look at that photo the more it reminds me of why I bought and want to keep it.
On another note, while looking for switch globes for maloo today went past a Hancock tyre/ wheel place and couldn't help myself, went in and had a chat. No haven't bought any but sore some in a pamphlet, 7 spoke mat gray, gold imitation bolts,as if 2or 3 piece and machined faces = can't get ,they can get 5 spoke gold with chrome lips , similar to but not same as like simmons frs (everyone seems to have them these days)
He showed me a falcon g6e with them, do look super nice, gold is flat/ not as showy as I'd imagine the frs are, damm they're not cheap though and he's telling me to go staggered I really need to go 20s, just didn't want to go that big a diameter, heard they don't ride real nice.
If anyone can convince me otherwise because I really want to fit the widest I can on rear

Last edited:

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
I think 20s look too big on these.

19s are probably as big as I would go looks wise.

The 18s on mine road very firm (with FE2 springs, Monroe GT Gas struts & shocks and some poly bushes). I expect the 19s would be firmer than that.

The 20s on the VE ride better.

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Yep, I'm with you, was not even thinking originally of 19s (haven't really researched) but he's going choice of tyres in really wide 18s/ 19s is limited and therefore very expensive and am finding while I want to push limits as far as I can am thinking of now more keeping this as the gt grand tourer that it is and with some luck/dream one day turn the maloo into the angry man

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
I love the flutes on mine, on a sedan they look just wrong but they just really set the Monaro off - and let's face it you have the orginal bonnet so you can always go back if you wish.

I also love being able to see them as I drive. Adds a little something.

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
On the fluted bonnet, if it was mine I wouldn't want to mess up those beautiful original lines. I think the V2 original design is much nicer than the later VZ design.

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeap, it's like the hsv coupe , meaner looking , investment wise =great, but the 1st/ original is just nice and more elegant for me ,like mpower said I'd always have the original, a little unhappy I didn't jump on it, anyway next time, can always sell if don't like.
Am seriously thinking of these vertini drift if I can fit 9.5 with nice offset on rear, they're just not cheap. Also I'll post up soon, it has a nice present for rear end.