Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Motorsport dash trims

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
Would it be lame to put this on my SS ? I like it and would match the rest of interior as black edition came with red stitching ?

I was behind a VF SV6 a few months ago and it had a few non VF HSV badges on it in odd locations, it's not what I'd do but I wasn't offended by it.

I actually thought, why not put the right HSV badges for a VF on it and in the right locations.

I see plenty of non HSV Commodores with HSV branded brake calipers and I have no issue with that.

I can't see the problem with it if you like the look of the parts, so what if they come with a Motorsport logo.

Car enthusiasts, particularly Holden enthusiasts will know it's not a Motorsport and those who are not into cars most likely won't know what a Commodore Motorsport is.

1685755483978.png

apollo13

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE LPG
Others can put Chev badges and HSV bodykits on their Evokes, why not ? :p

If the Motorsport logo is embroidered, you can remove from the back, if you can get to it, by unpicking.
Bit painstaking, and will leave a mark, which may fade/fill in over time.
Half an hour ago, I saw a VE done up like an SLR 5000. Has he put a 5-litre donk in it?

lmfvf2ssredlineute

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf2 ssv redline lmf ute
its as lame as many moons ago when people mocked up cars like a gtho phase 111
or mocked up a gtr xu1, people scoffed at these cars
now these same cars go through auction houses as TRIBUTE cars
and command huge money
your car do what you like , life is only short

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
I actually thought, why not put the right HSV badges for a VF on it and in the right locations.
Badges are only stuck on and can be easily returned to original if need be. My wife had a build plated HSV Enhanced VS SS back in the day and it had the 185kw engine, headers, airbox same as the Clubsport, an HSV VS Manta grill and VS Maloo wheels with HSV badges replacing the Holden badges. I carried that theme onto my Ute as an HSV Enhanced SSV Redline. I wouldn't put Maloo badges on it of course, but I've fitted the 340 gear in its entirety and the Maloo interior, why not badge it up a bit!

On the side, I got our sign shop who does our race car stickers and wraps to print and laminate SSV stickers on a chrome background size proportionate with the original SS badges and the SS part in black instead of grey. It's a good job and replication of the SSV badge and looks like a genuine fitment.

DP6W0037.JPG

20230603_150548.jpg

Last edited:

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
This reminds me of the tidy looking E3 GTS I saw at Supercheap the other day. A young girl gets in the car starts it up and it's a V6 with a horror farty exhaust on it. I thought that was pretty high on the lame register!

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
Your car, your rules...

I see nothing wrong with doing this, as long as you're not putting Motorsport badges all over the car... Heck, I even had SS rims on my old VY Executive...

I once saw a VE Omega with V8 badges on it :D

Now that's cringeworthy