Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Moving on from my ve ss to VF SS V is it worth it???

al..

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Series 2 ss
Hey guys

Contemplating in a purchase on a VF ssV.. At the moment I iv got a ve ss series 2 manual my12 with only 68000 on the clock..

My thoughts are
1 Keep my ve ss fully stock and sell it and save my money towards the vf mods

2 buy a second hand vf ssv and put lite mods eg exhaust, otr, and tune that's it

Who has done this before?? is there really a big difference with both models, il be test driving one this weekend and il see how I go

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF SV340 R8 Tourer, VK race car, ZX12R
.. the VF is a world ahead of the VE

interior alone is worth the move

al..

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Series 2 ss
that's a big call, I have seen pics of the interior and it does look very nice.. reliability wise im guessing its much better than the ve?

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
Wait for VF II to hit 2nd hand market

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
I've only driven not owned a VE or VF but yeah VF was so much better.

torana355

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SERIES 2 MY11 SSV A6 in IVY GREEN
VF is a totally different car to the VE. I have owned both and it's chalk and cheese. VF is far better

As im looking at getting a new VF S2 SSV in a year or so what are the main differences that make it chalk and cheese from my current VE S2 SSV besides the obvious interior change?

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
As im looking at getting a new VF S2 SSV in a year or so what are the main differences that make it chalk and cheese from my current VE S2 SSV besides the obvious interior change?

The new electric steering is awesome - and let's face it when the interior is so much different it feels like a different car. Gearbox is better sorted too imo. Rear also feels more planted. I drove a VF SV6 around country Tassie and just loved it. I actually do not like driving VE's at all.

torana355

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SERIES 2 MY11 SSV A6 in IVY GREEN
The new electric steering is awesome - and let's face it when the interior is so much different it feels like a different car. Gearbox is better sorted too imo. Rear also feels more planted. I drove a VF SV6 around country Tassie and just loved it. I actually do not like driving VE's at all.

Cool i can't wait to get my hands on one!

Fekason

Fekason
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 MY16 SV6, 2 x Triumph 2500 (1970/77), manuals
I agree with the pro-VF sentiment.

I currently have an MY12.5 and MY14 SV6 manual. I mainly drive the VF, and one son drives the VE. However, when I drive the VE, I think it is still good, but well short of the VF. I absolutely love the electric power steering over the old hydraulic one. The VF is also somewhat more refined in all areas.