Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Muffler delete?

Austin Davies

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt executive
Hey guys. I have a series 2 vu v6 ute. I will be moving overseas in around 6 months and have never owned a car with a modified exhaust before. Was thinking about getting the rear muffler chopped off at an exhaust shop for $120 when I get my tax return... would it make it sound any louder? Or is there any other exhaust systems i should buy instead which would be 200 or less and I could take somewhere to have installed? Just want a bit more noise out of her.

bluehighway

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais International
Last edited:

bluehighway

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais International
lol...Maybe put the hotdog pipe on and leave your original rear muffler on ...not sure if they will mix and match... but it might get the result your after... Was a time when you could rock into a muffler shop and theyd mod your exhaust for cheap ..now days it seems they want to sell full kits....

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
It will be loud and raspy it, will also drone plenty. If that's your desired outcome then go the straight pipe.i had a V6 ute without a resi. Wasn't long before the exhaust was replaced with one that had a resi.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Hey guys. I have a series 2 vu v6 ute. I will be moving overseas in around 6 months and have never owned a car with a modified exhaust before. Was thinking about getting the rear muffler chopped off at an exhaust shop for $120 when I get my tax return... would it make it sound any louder? Or is there any other exhaust systems i should buy instead which would be 200 or less and I could take somewhere to have installed? Just want a bit more noise out of her.
Don't bother! Put the cash in the bank for the overseas move.

You go down the path, that you want, you'll be getting fines for noise & possibly get the car put of the road, (unroadworthy).

Save all the money for the overseas trip.

Last edited:

Aus78Formula

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX R8 Clubsport
Firstly, it will sound ****. Secondly, it's a V6, it will sound beyond **** and the entire town will be thinking what a complete wanker. Up to you.

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
You should unbolt the exhaust and see how it sounds but it will most likely sound like crap... Unless you're looking for that fully hectic note...

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Not only will it drone & soud like crap...expect people to look & laugh at you