Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My 1967 Chevrolet Impala (Supernatural exact)

amos_executive

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
Good thing to hand down John, I'm sure Dean will treasure it :p

It's a crazy good pick up, I'd love to own one like this or similar one day. I don't have the knowledge to rebuild one unfortunately, I mean I intend to learn, but something like Ari's 66 - I'd be stuffed. For starters I've never touched a carby lol.

Speaking of your interior, any progress on that?

haha if my kid can treasure it as much as dean does, i'll be proud as punch

not as hard as it looks mate, im an I.T "nerd" for a living and everyone is surprised when they hear about me working on her, which most of it i've just kinda picked up, off the old man etc.

interior, no progress yet, been focussing all my dollars and spare time into the engine, and well my house, and with workin away only get a limited amount of time to put all my goodies on

but in the coming months i plan to get my mate to do the interior either with or without me as i got someone looking to hire it and a driver out for a wedding in august

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR

amos_executive

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
from memory there were 2800 67's brought in. what makes you say its govt/funeral? the colour?

a guy who has the same did a lot of research into it, and apparently the ones which were made in that Adelaide factory and in the black with the colour combo of the dash and seats were only made for government or funeral cars

and i think it's funeral not government cause it's only got 52000 original miles on it

HoldenOn

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VS equip, 4.2L stroker on its way.
I would have sex with your car.

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
They were only ever made in one factory. And mine has 76k miles. Granted it spent most of its life rusting away neglected in a paddock... But still!! :p

Just out of curiosity, what colour does the build plate have on it. Should be a 4 digit number. Possibly 3 then 4. Mine is 586 8692. There is a dude with a metric f..k tonne of info on aussie impalas on another forum i haunt. Maybe he could shed some light for you.

amos_executive

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
I would have sex with your car.

hahah so would i, but instead i resort to having sex inside of it, much better

They were only ever made in one factory. And mine has 76k miles. Granted it spent most of its life rusting away neglected in a paddock... But still!! :p

Just out of curiosity, what colour does the build plate have on it. Should be a 4 digit number. Possibly 3 then 4. Mine is 586 8692. There is a dude with a metric f..k tonne of info on aussie impalas on another forum i haunt. Maybe he could shed some light for you.

haha yeah, honestly i'm not too fussed about the history behind her, i mean it'd be kinda cool to know, but i wont go spending hours upon hours trying to find it somewhere, i'll have to wait till im back in perth, on the mines at the moment, to get the build plate info

HoldenOn

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VS equip, 4.2L stroker on its way.
Very true indeed, however I would still happily shove my willy into your cars exhaust pipes any day of the week.

amos_executive

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
Very true indeed, however I would still happily shove my willy into your cars exhaust pipes any day of the week.

hahah i'll remember not to leave it unattanded if you're ever around her

was just thinkin' that it would be strange to have an impala as a funeral car. be more likely to be a caprice. power windows, AC and all that jazz.

yeah who knows, might have to look into it, flying back in for the weekend and all my goodies have arrived so the fun and research can begin

amos_executive

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
so finally got the harmonic balancer refitted, with the help of the beautiful tool which saved a lot of dramas trying to get it back on, made it easy as, managed to get the new engine dress up on and did a bit of a tidy up

waiting for the new power steering pump and bracket to get in from back order, then shipped and i'll be able to pop the pulleys back on and the radiator and get her back up and running again