Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My Opel Rekord E2 Caravan @ Opel Commodore C Voyage (RUSSIA)

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
amazing, love all the work ur doin. nice colour!

CJey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Opel Rekord E2 Caravan @ Commodore C Voyage
Made a lot of work - all rubbers on doorways and rubbers sealing on a door are established. On all sealing new percussion caps are put, rubbers are chosen best of all my stocks (lobbies in general integral, aren't torn anywhere), rubber on an aperture of a luggage compartment is replaced with the very good. In directing for glasses chose too the best rubbers. Now on sealing rubbers all in a condition on 4+

Opel should be rolled in other garage, short video)))
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgVYsuIat0Q
In the text I speak: "here such here dangerous trip... yes, it I, a wind in a face..." :D

That garage. Pasted over with a film window apertures

As there was a problem with the fuel sensor, removed it and found a broken wire. Soldered it, checked a tester - all OK, cleaned contact pieces and put into place

Now with might and main I am engaged in engine wires, and it involves also other wires, connection of the ignition lock, all switches, after all now practically everything is established from Opel Senator B, and there everything isn't so simple, as on Rekord E/Commodore C. I have problems with a backbone, physically difficult sometimes, now an aggravation next, all hurts :(

CJey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pulled out everything that was assembled from everywhere - pull-rods, pawls of a blockage of locks, chose better and started all this to install (before pull-rod of locks were from above)

Put solenoid coils central the lock from Senator B. Behind I took a picture as it turned out, but it is visible where pull-rod goes :)

Now I have a normal spare wheel - 15" BMW E34. Put door handles, door locks, chrome on windows, made a noise isolation and a heat insulation a roof, noise isolation а doors...

Mechanical window regulators? Not, didn't hear ©. Established on all doors electric window regulators from Senator A, work perfectly, all gears greased. Rear on photos not to see plainly, here as it turned out, phone not so well photographs, unfortunately :(

In the front doors already glasses stand, in the rear doors likely tomorrow I will put. To be continued ;)

CJey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Established absorbers on a cowl from Opel Corsa C

Established moldings on doors and front fenders from Opel Senator A1, them here never was)))

Practically everything glued a noise isolation, now the heat insulation from above will go...

CJey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Put a gas thrust block from Opel Astra F hatchback, rose perfectly, the rear door now above, doesn't stir anything to opening :)

The producer of DELPHI, and it is made in Turkey, somehow directs at doubts. Length more native on 1.5см. Tomorrow the second I will receive and I will establish. In the original died, and there are they much (more than $100 for pair)

Allocated hour for installation of ceiling handles from Opel Senator B, looks not bad. They develop, beige color, their four pieces against three native black colors

As completed an adapter on a propeller shaft. The difference in length of distance between transmission and a rear axle made 4 centimeters. But as similar configuration wasn't put on this car, the necessary propeller shafts don't exist. Didn't begin to cut and weld, decided not to spoil a native propeller shaft. The adapter is made of an integral steel piece, most facilitated, centering and balance the ideal. On the one hand it is put on a native propeller shaft, with another it is inserted into transmission from Opel Senator B R28. The adapter interior from Senator B propeller shaft (a rubber element with the bronze barrel), seal picked up for the size, in an adapter lubricant will be filled.

Restored door locks, painted mandrels, leveled and polished five-copeck coins, touched everything under one key (all locks from different cars)))

Assembled today the heater case under the air conditioner, all joints glued the dense foam rubber cut by long strips, cleaned the remains of being scattered sealing foam rubber with air a door and pasted new taking into account the maximum blanking of a stream.

Slightly undercut a motor noise isolation and it climbed for the engine, finished gluing a heat insulation in front

Threw a wiring in the car, here such brothel it is now created where to put all this I don't know, really there is a lot of it, even taking into account that I cleaned all superfluous, and under a cowl extended a part.

Today I devoted to Opel already the whole evening and night (to garage arrived in 6:00PM, home returned in 10:30AM the next day). The motor wiring almost all is connected, it practically it is not visible, unless over the motor there passes a vein

It should be packed, there was no near at hand an isolation of the necessary diameter. Well and on all certainly it is necessary to stack, braid the rest still etc...

Checked internal light, works, heating of a rear screen too, the pump ABS a current. The starter already twists the engine. And the main thing - the meter panel started to work and something to show!
In the text: "it is called - I am a s*cker, it was necessary to connect the light switch simply... and at once everything became cool. Op! I didn't see it likely since September..."
And because as early as possible I tried all and it showed nothing, brightness control is started on the light switch :yeah:

Last edited by a moderator:

zersys

Bolt Snapper
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina Series II/BMW '02 E39 530i
Привет из Австралии!

Классная машина. Это действительно очень странно для меня, чтобы увидеть машина в стране, где я родился, который выглядит как машина из страны, где я живу :p.

Удачи вам.