Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My Vc Wagon.....

GypsyNz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Wagon Ls1 & Vn Wagon
Well slowly getting the main wiring loom all in place, need to make a couple of brackets to support the loom on the drivers side. Other than that she'll be sweet, was a tad tight with the Vc heater how it has to run behind it but just fits so that was lucky.....
Got her up on ramps at pres, going to swap the fuel lines over soon & get the underneath all sorted, that engines getting close to going in the hole at last. Will have to check if the rear brake lines the same between Vc-Vl while i'm under there so i can change that to if necessary. I picked up a passenger side Vk guard for her the other night so just need a drivers side head light & indicator & a bonnet now, the Vh front will look good on her but that's my personal preference.......
Well time for a nice cold beer me thinks:yeah:

GypsyNz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Wagon Ls1 & Vn Wagon
Well bit more done, welded up the old Vc clutch cable hole in the firewall couple of days ago. Could have welded the Vl section in but no point with me. My manual days are well over, left leg goes numb all the time with the back injury so shes permanent auto.
Got back out in the shed today & in between a 4.3 quake a few k's away i've welded up a few not needed holes & sanded the lower firewall & got that in primer, so the blocking back begins then i'll chuck a guide coat over it for now. I'll have that engine in at some stage soon, then can set everything up. Well anyway's here's some pic's :spot on:
Picture329-1.jpg
Picture333-1.jpg
Picture334-1.jpg

chrisso 82

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB commodore
Hey mate had a read through your thread great job on the car so far its good to see your doing a full ground up rebuild !!!!!!!!

GypsyNz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Wagon Ls1 & Vn Wagon
Cheers.....There's certainly some work going into her, this ones a keeper so taking my time & doing it right. I'll get a lot done over the summer, almost finished the firewall today. Be back into her tomorrow, got a Vk parts wagon to pickup on Saturday so will rob a few bits off that then flick whats left. I'll keep the updates coming.......
Dave

GypsyNz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Wagon Ls1 & Vn Wagon
Well done a heap of blocking back today, lower firewalls finished & just about done the top part to. Couple of unwanted holes to weld up then that's done, also finished in the trans tunnel where i'd put a new section in the floor. Cleaned that up & hit it with some underseal, i'll finish that last piece of the firewall next then i'll run the fuel lines. After that i'll bolt up the front end properly ( only sitting in there at pres ) & fit the engine & trans. I haven't done the drivers side of the engine bay yet as got to mount a battery tray etc so i'll set all that up with the engine in & sort that out once i pull the engine back out.......... Well here's a couple of update pics :thumbsup:
Picture335.jpg
Picture336.jpg

chrisso 82

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB commodore
Hey mate have u thought about relocating the battery to the boot????

GypsyNz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Wagon Ls1 & Vn Wagon
I have yeah but i want to build some speaker box's along the sides in the back & have enough room for a mattress in there if ever needed, one of the bonuses of a wagon lol.
Heading out to pick this Vk wagon up in an hour, fingers crossed there's quite a few goodies i can rob off it. Bought it sight unseen but sounds ok, $100 so cant go wrong really:thumbsup:

GypsyNz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Wagon Ls1 & Vn Wagon
Well Murphy's law, went out to get the parts wagon & it poured down & hasn't stopped yet. Talk about a drowned rat lol, bonus was there's a lot of good stuff on the wagon. Bit's i want & a lot i can sell so i should break even on this 1 quite easily, once the weather clears up i'll be out there stripping it. Finish stripping the old Vl soon to & get rid of the pair of them.......
Picture350.jpg

drewVHSS

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
stores.ebay.com.au
Members Ride
'83 VH SS, '79 Green VB SL '92 S2 VQ Caprice
nice, i've wrecked 2 cars so far to complete my vb, good to see your progress, i've been too lazy to post in mine.

GypsyNz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Wagon Ls1 & Vn Wagon
The part's cars sure come in handy, been offered a 3rd that i might buy yet. Need to get rid of these two 1st though as the Mrs is starting to fire up lol & yeah some progress at last. Didn't get much done over the winter but i'll be making up for that soon enough......I'll await some updates on yours lol