Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VP Calais

calais_cruzin

Calais_Rattling....
Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais 3.8
I got em really cheap coz i was workin there, there ****, they go into protect all the time when crankin it.

Fried a couple n swapped em so far, got one week out of a 4x50w

<RaBBiT>

Follow the White RaBBiT>>
Reaction score
Members Ride
95 VS Berlina V8, VS Calais 5spd, VN V8, VR States
yeah they aint the bests thats for sure i swear to never shop there again lol:p

calais_cruzin

Calais_Rattling....
Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais 3.8
I still shop there, get all my connectors n leads n stuff, but yeah no more amps n stuff.

Last night i had the new month old 4x50w playin up, signal related, would just go into protect when rca's were connected, bashed it a couple times n presto she fired up again.

Good bashin always fixes a POS no matter what it is.

Anyways id put sum new pics up coz she all clean n sub has been strapped down n carpeted in nice smicko blackness looks alot better than plain ol MDF, but i forgot to bring in my USB cable

<RaBBiT>

Follow the White RaBBiT>>
Reaction score
Members Ride
95 VS Berlina V8, VS Calais 5spd, VN V8, VR States
told ya lol but wicked can't wait to see pics lol mine all still just mdf:p

terry1991

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 VR Berlina Commodore
i just read ur post's nice car, sucks about the crash, but looks good now lol :D good luck with it.
-Terry

calais_cruzin

Calais_Rattling....
Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais 3.8
Cheers bro, its all good now, cept i tapped a lil car up the ars, so ive got a lil bit of cracked paint in the front bar, all good tho. just needs a lil touch up.

Damm 4x50w is givin me the****'s keeps droppin into protect once she been playin for a bit, took 30min this morn, port is firing straight onto that amp, soo its stayin nice n cool, but yeah its crap soo this morning i had a nice BASS drive to work with no speakers (yay) get to work put the rca's in n its sweet, wtf u POS

Goin to putin these new h/d rca's as i think i mite have squished the old onse under the box n they mite be arching on each other n that y its cuttin out, dunno ill have to check it all out, hate pullin crap out

calais_cruzin

Calais_Rattling....
Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais 3.8
Sooo this amp is giving me the ****'s, dont buy a responce amp if its runnin 2ohm they dont like it.

Ive gotta test it, what way do use think would be the easiest way to find the fault.

When in "protect" i pull out the rca's n it goes back to "on" start puttin em back in n its goes back intio "protect" but not all the time, sumtimes it will for couple times, then works.

WHat im goin to do nxt time it f's up
1, remove all speaker connections at the speakers, with amp still in protect.
2, see if it goes back to on with out speakers connected but with speaker wire still in place
3, If still in protect start pullin out rca's one by one until it goes to "on"
4, once it goes back to on ill start connecting up the speakers until it goes to protect.

Gotta find where this fault is, atm, last time i was playin with the rca's when it was stuffin up it would jump outta protect once all rca's were removed n go back to it as soon as one was put it.

Mite just rip out the old rca's put in sum decent shielded ones soo they dont get chomped by anythink 'AKA BOX'

Got a feelin tho that this is just anohter amp my 2ohm JBL splits have killed, already done my h/u amp n a JBL 500w 4ch.

Should go get sum 'fulli sick jaycar kevlar splits" eh rabbit

calais_cruzin

Calais_Rattling....
Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais 3.8
Found the god damm problem, bloody elec tape that goes on the body between the rear speakers n the shelf its bolted to had come off, soo the left speaker was just touchin the body n makin it go into protect.

Took me couple min to find the prob soo peeeed off it was that speaker its done it many off times, fort it was sweet tho.

Least its not my crappy 100 buck 4ch

calais_cruzin

Calais_Rattling....
Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais 3.8
Ok sum fresh pic for ya's 1/2hr old, hope you's all like my mess hahahaha
16122008258.jpg

16122008260-1.jpg