Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

- My VR Commy -

Discussion in 'VR - VS' started by Clubby-Made4Viol3nce, Mar 29, 2013.

1. Clubby-Made4Viol3nce

Clubby-Made4Viol3nce Donating Member

Members Ride:
    VZ Clubsport 6L (M6)
    -Built not Brought-
    -VR Commodore Executive 1994 Automatic-​

My names Dave and this is my 94' Commy.

Bought Stock as a rock minus the 19" mags and a cat to tail pipe exhaust (standard tailpipe)...(Had the 19s with standard height was such a 4wd)
    Originally I HATED the mags but they quickly grew on me on this model commodore. I wanted to put ROH Modena 5 Spoke wheels black with machine polished lip but another white vr had them getting around town and didn't wanna copy him :p

Mods:
    K&N Panel Air Filter
    Steering wheel + Boss kit
    King springs - Ultra low rear suspension
    King springs - Super low front suspension
    New Slotted front Rotors (+ Heavy duty pads)
    Adjustable panard rod
    New Tail pipe
    De-badged
    Tinted windows (darkest legal)
    tinted taillights
    Shift kitted Auto (w/ v8 internals etc)
    Hi stall torque converter (2500-3000)
    Reconditioned Engine
    External Auto Cooler (universal PWR)
    5Litre Cold air induction
    HID bulbs
    10MM Top Gun ignition leads
    High Flow Catalytic Converter (Knocked it all out and Welded a piece of pipe through it)
    Chrome Nostril Grills
    Alpine Head unit
    Eclipse Tweeters
    Eclipse Sub Speakers
    GP Octane R 9.0:5 5 channel AMP
    12” Rockford fosgate Sub
    Ported Sub box to suit 12” sub for commodore.
    Painted black interior (done properly not rough. Scotch brite pads, primer etc)
    Blue LED Dash lights
    Oil pressure, Volts meter, Water Temp Gauges in the center space
    Limited Slip Diff with 3.7 Ratio Diff gears
    Memcal Tune
    Lukey Performance Extractors
    Nolathane Strut Brace
    (possibly more just can't think of anymore)

I bought it when I was a 1st year apprentice mechanic and quickly got to doing the things I could manage from what I knew. I have learnt a lot from this car and have no regrets even tho I spent WAY to much money on the old girl..
    Few years later (half way through 3rd year now) i've basically replaced/ fixed almost everything on the car.. From universal joints and suspension to engine, gearbox and diff.
    Its Exhaust has an extremely Rare Note (not just another idiot saying its rare with some catback) with the 3 Grand Hi Stall Torque converter and custom exhaust with the "Hi-Flow Cat" ;) ;) this car turns heads and sounds pretty mint just cruising and when given some.
    I take it to Banaraby Raceway every test and tune I'm not busy or slack. Go for a few time runs then just skid the stockies. It averages about a 15.4 - 15.6 depending on how good the auto wants to shift.. I think it has potential of getting in the 14's IF the auto decides to play the game on the night. Ocasionally it just doesn't wanna shift into 3rd when racing only at banaraby... extremely annoying but oh well doesn't effect general driving.

Runs out of legs at the high speeds but is a weapon 3/4 Track haha. (Around town 0-80 absolute machine). Its Hi Stall helps me Stall it right up and launch hard. Its got really great up and go for a dirty old v6 commodore :D I've extremely proud of my commodore's output for a standard engine. I've beaten WRX, R32 Turbo Skyline and a few 5L Commodores (commys had exhaust, diff gears and tune) on the 1/4 mile track and have the time sheets to go with the wins. Vsing a VZ SV6 Ute it got a 16.5 and a VX executive got a 16.9 so i'm pretty happy with my VRs times :D

What does everyone think?

1024 x 768.jpg use2.jpg use.jpg Photo262.jpg Photo044.jpg Low ass end.jpg lights.JPG dash.JPG at james2.jpg at james.jpg at biancas.jpg 578704_10151507273565589_2026263665_n.jpg 481941_457258531010248_1853950798_n.jpg 215818_457258581010243_1896587938_n.jpg vr & clubby2.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnrSsgS_JXk

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2016
  2. aussie4life11

aussie4life11 Keep It Simple Stupid

Members Ride:
    94 vr 3.8l v6 Auto Acclaim, 2002 Vy Exec Auto
    Nice ride mate but thread needs to be moved to the my ride section.

3. Straya!

Straya! New Member

Members Ride:
    1987 VL Brock Director
    What he said ^^^^

I see what you meant about the wheels, I'm not a fan but if it's just a bit of fun this car then they'll do.

4. VS_Pete

VS_Pete Donating Member

Members Ride:
    VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
    Nice ride mate.

5. LAP004

LAP004 lifes-likethat

Members Ride:
    Vp executive
    i like it very clean vr. is it distracting having the strips out of the instrumental cluster?alowing so much light through.

6. Clubby-Made4Viol3nce

Members Ride:
    VZ Clubsport 6L (M6)
    Yeah sometimes, if you sit sorta leaning on the center console with 1 arm on a long trip it gets a bit draining on the eyes. Other then that its pretty good. around town you don't notice at all. mostly on highways you can tell that extra bit of light is shining.

7. Aussie_Hustler

Aussie_Hustler Member

Members Ride:
    VS Ute Series III 1999
    nice man, i got a vs ute all bolt on mods, stage 2 shift kit, lsd, performance memcal tidied up with new engine that had 130xxx i ran a 15.3 - 15.4 with under half a tank of fuel, i got some vids on my link taking down a r32 and 5l vx i think it was

8. Clubby-Made4Viol3nce

Members Ride:
    VZ Clubsport 6L (M6)
    Awesome as. I almost regret not doing it to a VS Ecotech.. they just have that little more grunt but oh well. didn't plan on doing it at all when i first bought the car. my engine only has roughly 30k on it, doing 15.4's with about half a tank of fuel and no sub box etc in the boot.
    After checking out your ute you've encouraged me to add a view drag vids. maybe 1 or 2 ;).

Last edited: Apr 2, 2013