Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VS Acclaim (Series II)

frogsta

Perth WA
Reaction score
Members Ride
Focus ST E30
Haha no I haven't.
Maybe a manual LSx conversion could be in store later down the track, I guess. Lightweight VS beats the newer models hehe

vrScotty

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 VR Executive
I refuse to allow you to buy a VX or a VT. i will t-bone you with a sledge hammer. And go get a VY then we can be epic and have same car!

M1NTVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Commodore 3.8L
very intresting thread man, looking good :) i guess the interior is one of those things you need to check out in person before you judge it. if your looking for ideas have a look at my thread and see what im doing :)

frogsta

Perth WA
Reaction score
Members Ride
Focus ST E30
I'll have a look man. :)
Totally get my Aunt's L67 VY with full Type R set if I could afford it, or a VS BT1 for 8ish grand.
Other than that might get an S13 for daily or something?
And no way I'll ever get a VT, low chance of a VX either haha
Also I think I need to do a photoshoot sometime soon do update some pics and maybe get some advice with some dings and dangs.... the 'good' side of my car now has a scrape from a guy living at my house, owns a BA falcon, typical huh :p

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
I dont mind VX myself, nice looking car. WTF do you want a BT1 for? You know they have nothing useful extra dont you? Just means some plod has been caning it.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Nothing wrong with a BT1 Dakster !

Some plod caning it 15+ years ago ? Most have probably had a harder life since then (unless in the hands of a respectful owner ;) )

I got mine when it was just under 3 yrs old and aside from the usual issues, no major problems at all.

And Frogsta, $8k for a VS BT1 is probably a bit high unless it's immaculate. I'd like to think mine was worth that !

frogsta

Perth WA
Reaction score
Members Ride
Focus ST E30
It's all done up and stuff so probably thrashed most of its poor life haha

Anyway, need help... Just went for a drive, was on my way to Pancho's for dinner. Not long on my way the temperature gauge started going past the half way mark (this was while stopped at lights), couldn't hear any fan at the time, temperature didn't get all the way up but eventually fan turned on. The fan didn't help at all, it seems, temparature sat around 2/3 to 3/4 most of the time... got a servo quicksmart, got some coolant and opened the radiator cap getting fairly hot coolant everywhere haha
Topped it up and went on my way, same thing happened (cruising at 60km/h, temp not going down) fan wasn't on for a while but came on just after I turned down a side street.
I have no idea wtf is going on with the new coolant if the fan is still working? (sometimes ahah)
Oh also, went down the freeway and gauge stayed fairly high, yet when I went up the exit ramp at 60km/h it went back down to half.
Anybody have any possible idea?

frogsta

Perth WA
Reaction score
Members Ride
Focus ST E30
True. I think I have a MACE one for the lower temp but decided not to put it in just yet, may as well now. Is it difficult? And if my thinking is correct, it it connected in between the main radiator hose and the front of the engine?
I thought they do the flow of coolant though and fan, sometimes the fan will turn on at halfway as well

Jonah 101

Undefined
Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 Skyline
installing it isn't difficult, but Bleeding the cooling system correctly can be if you dont know how.