Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VZ SS MY06

<andy9>

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ R8 6.0LTR M6
I think the shadow chrome could look good. DNA paints have a new product out. Ive heard good things. Or even a charcoal metallic kinda like the thunder ssv's

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 6ltr ute, VP Calais and HJ Prem
I think the shadow chrome could look good. DNA paints have a new product out. Ive heard good things. Or even a charcoal metallic kinda like the thunder ssv's

Yeah man I've used DNA sc. It's bloody great. I've used ppg's aswell and it doesn't hold a candle to dna's imo. With DNA it's a super long process bit it pays off. You don't see any of the pigment like you do with ppg.

<andy9>

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ R8 6.0LTR M6
Yeah worth it for a decent finish. Better than ppg why doesn't that surprise me haha, shocking product. Are you a spray painter?

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah worth it for a decent finish. Better than ppg why doesn't that surprise me haha, shocking product. Are you a spray painter?

Haha yeah ppg ain't good when they try and make special effects paint. They make good commercial paint that's about it.

<andy9>

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ R8 6.0LTR M6
We use standox at work, it's a great system allround.

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride

Shocking product??? What are you talking about man! Quality stuff that ppg haha.

13752535248120_zps7e1bf7f7.jpg

<andy9>

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ R8 6.0LTR M6
Haha good call. I've seen my fair share of bad paint. Not sure of what product but the came off a bootlid on a ba falcon

use8yhyn.jpg

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
Haha wow! I've never actually seen paint flake off into such a big piece before. Must have had a **** load of flex additive in it or something? Haha

Edit: also the paint on that kenworth roof is phantom purple so it must be a ford thing lol.

<andy9>

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ R8 6.0LTR M6
Not to sure was flaking off and put a blower at the edge and that happened haha. Maybe a combo of fibreglass cab and weather had something to do with that? Looks like a sh*tty job to fix!

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
It's coming off pretty easy actually. Would say weather has definitely played a part because it's only on the very top. The paint is sticking down the sides if the roof.

Ppg has accepted responsibility for the job and gave us 4 litres of colour, 4 ltr's of dp40 primer, 5 of clear, 3 of basecoat and 2pack hardner and 4 of base and 2pack reducer. All to paint the top of a roof haha. Cheers ppg!