Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mylink hack or upgrade

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
yeah it looks like its just adding a hdmi port to the screen
so while it will display the phone to the screen you wont be able to control the phone from the screen.
the main function appears to be just adding a reverse camera.

also its listed as > 2017 which makes me think its for the zb commodore so it will be useless for the vf mylink because they will be a different unit.
if it was for the vf mylink it should be listed as >2013

but it could also be more because this is the pdf for the GM1 line and it looks pretty intense
http://www.connects2downloads.co.uk/adaptiv/files/ADV-GM1-EN.pdf

Last edited:

gtsfan

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 GTS
I've got some 30+ year old RACQ maps and a 1985 Brisbane referdex that might be more
use than all of those boxes and spaghetti wiring in you glovebox.;)

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
I've got some 30+ year old RACQ maps and a 1985 Brisbane referdex that might be more
use than all of those boxes and spaghetti wiring in you glovebox.;)

Analogue style ftw.

Holdenitdown

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 Series II VF SS-V Redline
Very possibly, I have never had any other Android linked to my link to know otherwise is all, having the Google assistant one press away is so useful as well.

OK so there are a few things that I should point out...
Holden released a VF Map Update for all VF with SatNav even S1, was released around same time as the MY17 final production builds. It makes a huge difference to MYLink not only is the Mapping updated with new streets, suburbs & speed limits it has also improved the systems performance overall. Bluetooth connection is instant no delay, less lag between screen touches and just plain and simple better.

The only other thing I want to say is to all the Apple Iphone users with MYLink... In order to get full functionality from your iPhone through MYLink u need to have your handset (mobile) connected via USB cable (genuine) to the USB port in the center console. This will give u text to voice and quick message replies so MYLink reads the message when u get it rather than have to pull over or come to a stop to read message on display

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
^ Oh OK - so if I actually plug the iPhone in, I can get back the short list of pre-programmed messages so that if I’m driving to pick someone up & they can’t take a ‘phone call then I can send the “be there in 10 minutes” SMS?

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
The only other thing I want to say is to all the Apple Iphone users with MYLink... In order to get full functionality from your iPhone through MYLink u need to have your handset (mobile) connected via USB cable (genuine) to the USB port in the center console. This will give u text to voice and quick message replies so MYLink reads the message when u get it rather than have to pull over or come to a stop to read message on display

Really? I can do this with blue tooth on my iphone. I can use Siri or the Mylink lady