Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

NES138 room for improvement

nes138

Reaction score
Members Ride
FC HOLDEN with 5LT V8 (VT)
It was a shame to do what I did to it. Apart from the roof it was in pretty good nick. I sold all the parts for near double what I bought the car for and still kept the engine. As a bonus I scored all the door looms central locks and power window motors which the other cars did not have (and a Mid BCM)

I have since bought another V8 as a daily ride. SS Crewman 6l V8 with 67000k's on it.
yruzy4yv.jpg

gadyvu8u.jpg

nes138

Reaction score
Members Ride
PS gay stickers on my rims have been removed...

So this engine has got the HSV tune on it and by default has to have extractors and Pod filter on it with no power steering pump sucking power and weighs 1100kg with fuel and me in it. Power to weight ratio is going to be interesting. BUT it will not be going around corners quickly at all. Defiantly a cruiser (more like a sleeper) but I want a 3" exhaust. Mrs says that might be too loud. I have looked at Varex mufflers but haven't really heard a great deal on them

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais ls1, vp berlina 3.8L
man you've murdered alot of cars... id have done a roof skin on that vt ss, that thing was clean.... oh well...

nes138

Reaction score
Members Ride
man you've murdered alot of cars... id have done a roof skin on that vt ss, that thing was clean.... oh well...

I was going to but I lacked the time and cash for two projects (or a wife that wanted another registered car)
The SS looked a poo load better in the photo than what is was in life. Because of the roof leak the whole interior rotted and stank.

JMP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7 Berlina
Should send the pics of the vt and vs on stands then the drive line of this thing in the driveway to the cops and tell them that you've bought three cars, the first two got thrown on jack stands and stripped over night and the last one somebody stole the body!