Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

new globes

lil_oneblue

Reaction score
Members Ride
HZ Sandman Ute, HZ GTS, VT Senator
you may need to upgrade your fuse rail if you fit more powerful globes. (learnt the hard way, melted fuses) a bloke on ebay does a good fuse fail conversion and looks good. just do a search i am sure he would be still selling them. i have 60W bluevision and 100w high beam globes in mine when the fuse pannel melted so i would sugest an upgrade. not only the high beam melted but the lowbeam fuse also.
goodluck.

ucwepn

America just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
Yeah I gotta adjust my headlights as well after I washed the lenses when my front end was off, put it all back together and its OK but pointing too low. project for the week while my cars off the road. mine don't have a blue tint but they put out a much whiter light than the candles that were in there.

sully

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL executive
lil_oneblue said:
you may need to upgrade your fuse rail if you fit more powerful globes. (learnt the hard way, melted fuses) a bloke on ebay does a good fuse fail conversion and looks good. just do a search i am sure he would be still selling them. i have 60W bluevision and 100w high beam globes in mine when the fuse pannel melted so i would sugest an upgrade. not only the high beam melted but the lowbeam fuse also.
goodluck.
yup, planning to do that before i put the new globes in as you can already see some melting of the box as it is... don't worry i'm not the type of person that want's electrical fires under my bonnet...

lil_oneblue

Reaction score
Members Ride
HZ Sandman Ute, HZ GTS, VT Senator
i was lucky with mine. it melted the fuse completley. all there is is the melted plastic from the fuse and the wire is still pluged in. it was still working before i wrecked the car. (am wrecking it at moment) i was i guess lucky.
goodluck mate

sully

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL executive
yeah my parents had a vl where the entire fusebox melted, which screwed nearly everything inc fuel system... was not cheap to repair... i don't want that bill funnily enough...

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
yeh, the philips blue visions and crystals aren't "brighter", but they look it from oncoming and are just a nicer light to drive with, less strain on the eyes.