Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New headunit replacement SOON

ciggo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline

30 minute video above goes over installation and some features.

Still pretty unsure about this one.

1. We didn't get a clear indication of the boot up time for the unit. She went to turn on the car and then there was a cut and you could see the key had been turned into the ignition prior meaning the unit was only in some sort of standby mode instead of being a cold start.

2. No info on HUD display compatibility.

3. Default UI for standard features like Aircon, radio etc is butt ugly. I realise it's Android and you can customise it with any launcher but they don't give any indication of exactly what this will change on standard controls and how.

4. Reverse parking lines seem useless.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
Default UI for standard features like Aircon, radio etc is butt ugly. I realise it's Android and you can customise it with any launcher but they don't give any indication of exactly what this will change on standard controls and how.

It would be nice if they opensourced their launcher or made a sdk for that unit available.

And yes again they had the vehicle "primed" so you couldnt see the boot time.

Last edited:

Ajgrant63

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 series 2
They told me it would be 3-5 weeks until they have an update for heated seat controls and for the GTS with EDI. Still waiting for a review from an owner that has one installed.

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon

RoganJosh

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VF Calais V -V6
Why are some of the settings greyed out in the video when he scrolls through them?

Also, he talks about Siri and calling a phone number but doesn't demonstrate it. So I am sceptical it actually works. He says it is not connected to the Apple Car Play? Why isn't it connected? The information says it supports it. Shouldn't he be showing this off? He says to push the button on the screen for Siri. . However, with the MyLink, my button is on the steering wheel if I want to give voice recognition. at 4:50 he says "press and hold Siri button on your screen" doesn't do it for me. I would rather do this from the steering wheel to enable voice recognition.

Last edited:

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
Why are some of the settings greyed out in the video when he scrolls through them?

Also, he talks about Siri and calling a phone number but doesn't demonstrate it. So I am sceptical it actually works. He says it is not connected to the Apple Car Play? Why isn't it connected? The information says it supports it. Shouldn't he be showing this off? He says to push the button on the screen for Siri. . However, with the MyLink, my button is on the steering wheel if I want to give voice recognition. at 4:50 he says "press and hold Siri button on your screen" doesn't do it for me. I would rather do this from the steering wheel to enable voice recognition.
Did you put your hand up to take one for the team?

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
Oztrack offer mylink apple CarPlay and android auto(vf1 only) upgrade for $1050

RoganJosh

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VF Calais V -V6
Did you put your hand up to take one for the team?

No not for this price and so many questions unanswered and not based off a video which has been heavily edited.

Last edited:

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
No not for this price and so many questions unanswered and not based off a video which has been heavily edited.
Exactly the supplier is poor at clear com. as well

Speaking to a few customers on facebook that think its good.

you can do it, someone buy it and report back