Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New Highway Cop Cars

helly

FUZZ
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SSV Ute Poison Ivy...
Yeah Yeah Yeah...

Whinge Whinge Whinge...

Do you think the goverment are paying the ticket price for their pursuit cars? Really... They do sell them, when they are finished with them you know. Its not like its competely wasted money. Generally Fleet flog their cars off for excatly what they are depreciated too, sometimes a litle more. So the goivernment don't loose any money. So who cares if Police are driving 7 series BMW's or Monaro's or F6's.

At the end of the day, Yes police need cars that can get there and get there quick. If we didn't get to YOUR situation exactly in the time frame you'd like then it's probably got nothing to do with how fast our cars are. It may have more to do with your directions, or the fact that somehting a little more serious was going on and cars were tied up.

Yes, police cars probably sound very beefy when the go past you lights and sirens, cos you don't very often get to hear a VZ exec V6 doing 160km/h do you? Of course its gunna sound different when its having its guts flogged out, but trust me they are stock.

My XR8 sounds like a Hell Beast, when I have to turn and Burn on someone on the Highway. And yes when we lock on a car doing 180 and we have to turn an catch up, we need every KW, the car has to offer... Trust me!

Anyway I'm happy with my XR8's and SS's but hey if they wanna give me a Turbo Territory, you won;t heare me complain! We don't have a lot of corners you see... However I feel that all police vehicles should have big arse brakes, cos if ours out last theirs, that's generally how we stay in the race.

Cheers

calais_304

Reaction score
Members Ride
98' VT Calais s1 - 195i
So who cares if Police are driving 7 series BMW's or Monaro's or F6's.
Cheers

ME! cuz i can't have one:cry: :p
cheers for clearin that up helly didn't realise it worked that way:thumbsup:

hey also mind sharin a HP storie:D

smokey_dj

Reaction score
Members Ride
1991 vn series 2 exec [URMONY] & 93 vp calais
yeah yeah tell us a storry unkle helly

*gathers round*

bahahaha jks mate

SpaceYam

somewhat awesome
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 Ford Focus ST
I can't believe that it took a post from a policeman to REMIND everyone that the police RESELL their vehicles ;).

Everyone's always looking for a reason to hassle the police. It's bad enough the government barely gives them enough power to actually do their job in the first place, GIVE THE POLICE A FAIR GO! I'm sure most of the officers cop enough rubbish from idiots causing trouble without having to cop it from the average "honest" citizen which I'm sure most of us on here will claim to be.

somerandom

Reaction score
i want a typhoon, give me one now

seen a f6 typhoon in a car wash .. was waiting for him to finish washing car after 25 mins :bang:

I think giving the police powers to infringe you with a fine for something you didn't do.. is bad enough... i guess they they'll enjoy their typhoons - hope they don't thrash them too much cause the next owner won't be happy lol

B

Bradg83

if my company gained that much revenue I'd have pretty flash company cars too ;)

familyguy

Bog Standard
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive S2
twice in 2 years on the freeway!?

Just cause you can't see them doesn't mean they ain't there...don't ask how I know, just believe me...

Spaced

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore Exec
Yeah Yeah Yeah...

Whinge Whinge Whinge...

Do you think the goverment are paying the ticket price for their pursuit cars? Really... They do sell them, when they are finished with them you know. Its not like its competely wasted money. Generally Fleet flog their cars off for excatly what they are depreciated too, sometimes a litle more. So the goivernment don't loose any money. So who cares if Police are driving 7 series BMW's or Monaro's or F6's.

At the end of the day, Yes police need cars that can get there and get there quick. If we didn't get to YOUR situation exactly in the time frame you'd like then it's probably got nothing to do with how fast our cars are. It may have more to do with your directions, or the fact that somehting a little more serious was going on and cars were tied up.

Yes, police cars probably sound very beefy when the go past you lights and sirens, cos you don't very often get to hear a VZ exec V6 doing 160km/h do you? Of course its gunna sound different when its having its guts flogged out, but trust me they are stock.

My XR8 sounds like a Hell Beast, when I have to turn and Burn on someone on the Highway. And yes when we lock on a car doing 180 and we have to turn an catch up, we need every KW, the car has to offer... Trust me!

Anyway I'm happy with my XR8's and SS's but hey if they wanna give me a Turbo Territory, you won;t heare me complain! We don't have a lot of corners you see... However I feel that all police vehicles should have big arse brakes, cos if ours out last theirs, that's generally how we stay in the race.

Cheers

LOL a cop needs a 7 series beamer (a $350,000 car) ffs Yeah like I need a ferrari to pick up the milk

Why don't the cops hook up with HSV and get some custom cars made up or CSV.

Father of my mate got pulled up back in the day was doing over the 150k's in a beast and this cop saw him did a u-turn and caught up to him like he was standing still. He asked the cop what he had under the bonnet and he said enough to catch you. The whole car was shaking from the power of this engine.

gruntavt

HSV-I Don't want one ;-)
Reaction score
Members Ride
vess-luckily
Yeah Yeah Yeah...

Whinge Whinge Whinge...

Cheers
Exactly why we have V8's for TMU cars. VICPOL ones are leased,not owned by the government like the old days.

Johnsy

★★★★★
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Wagon & VF SV6 Ute
!!

Fair enough the V8's are needed for highway...

But i took a pic on my phone ( can someone help me to get it on here? )
Of an unmarked VZ caprice V8..
Do the coppers need DVD players, Dual Zone climate ect.. and a leather back seat fit for a king ? ?