Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New Highway Cop Cars

smokey_dj

Reaction score
Members Ride
1991 vn series 2 exec [URMONY] & 93 vp calais
maybe if they arrest a king they might : P

crazyspoon05

Penguin Whisperer
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VW Golf GTI (RIP The 'Bizta' VNVPVR Wagz)
I saw one of these in Cowra heading back from Bathurst, I thought it was a fire command vehicle at first until he started giving me a dirty look because I was illegally parked outside KFC (bugger that 45 degree bumper to kerb parking C$#p if you are just going to be a few minutes

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
I always thought these cars were donated.

helly

FUZZ
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SSV Ute Poison Ivy...
I always thought these cars were donated.

The majority of the unusual cars are donated. The BMW's and other european cars mostly get handed over on some sort of arrangement.

A few years back BMW wanted to give the NSWP a bunch of 5 Series BMW's but the someone in their wisdom decided that it wasn't going to happen.

The caprice you saw was probably VR1 or 2, driven by police used to drive around the big wigs or possibly a prtective services car, for visiting dignitorys (I think that's how you spell it).

My wife once was working on an operation where the Assistant commish was there, he wanted to catch the train and ride with the boys, so he threw the keys to her and she drove his black V8 calais to the other end of the train line. Why not?!

semi

GOD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec wagon
oh man, what a stupid thing to do, not letting BMW donate some series 5's. Id be angry if i was set to be one of the guys to drive them. I reckon its fair enough for the police to have 8's and xr6 turbos and stuff, but a typhoon or something, unless donated is a little over the top, unless maybe its one of those cars they use to 'raise awareness'

Johnsy

★★★★★
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Wagon & VF SV6 Ute
I still need someone to put that pic of the caprice in for me....( if anyone wants to see it)
I will sms it to you.
###################

Edit: Done, Thanks Brent :)

###################
#
#
#

Last edited:

fourstar82

Head Chef Honcho
Reaction score
Website
s31.photobucket.com
Members Ride
VYII 25th Anniversary, 2007 VE Calais
Black would have been nicer!!! Ok, everyone in Sydney memorise that number plate... :p

Johnsy

★★★★★
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Wagon & VF SV6 Ute
The majority of the unusual cars are donated. The BMW's and other european cars mostly get handed over on some sort of arrangement.

A few years back BMW wanted to give the NSWP a bunch of 5 Series BMW's but the someone in their wisdom decided that it wasn't going to happen.

The caprice you saw was probably VR1 or 2, driven by police used to drive around the big wigs or possibly a prtective services car, for visiting dignitorys (I think that's how you spell it).

My wife once was working on an operation where the Assistant commish was there, he wanted to catch the train and ride with the boys, so he threw the keys to her and she drove his black V8 calais to the other end of the train line. Why not?!

Do you recognise this one Helly ?