Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New SSV REDLINE fuel consumption?

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Is a liter bigger than a litre? :p

On a less flippant note ... :D ... what you said about 12L/100km isn't likely, he's using his car less than we use ours, and ours is never going to get as low as an average of 12 while we do all our driving as locally (in the 'burbs & crossing busy streets) as we do. Basically, most usage is weekend shopping (the shops are a half-hour walk) or my wife's run to work & picking me up or dropping me off on the way in bad weather (she works a 45 minute walk from home).
We're seeing more like about 16 to 17 litres per 100, and that's actually near identical to our fairly-good-nick VS moo in the same usage (which incidentally averaged about 7L/100 for highway trips such as Sydney to Canberra return, or from Sydney up to the Hunter Valley & back - I don't expect the VF to manage that :) ).

Last edited:

Senator01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 6.2
Honestly couldn't care less ... didn't buy it to save the planet

Loaded Dice

.... Lets roll.
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 SSV Redline
Fair call, mine is almost all freeway on cruise, you would expect the figures you state for round town driving I agree.

Why?

Reaction score
Members Ride
Harrop enhanced VF Redline Manual

We44pn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
I give it a hit here and there, It's manual but I dont drive it like i stole it. I get about 19L average? is that normal?

redvxr8clubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport R8 & VE SS
I give it a hit here and there, It's manual but I dont drive it like i stole it. I get about 19L average? is that normal?

19 would be on the high side for most, but your fuel consumption is going to relate to average speed, I would suggest if your average speed is around 30km/h then I would say you'll be over 15l/100km. I used to drive an LS1 VXII Calais in Sydney peak traffic (taking about an hour to travel 30Km and normally it was reading about 16.7 l/100Km - in school holidays however, it would drop and be under 16 l/100Km in fact not having school age kids I wasn't always aware when school holidays started, and one time I noticed I was getting less than 16l/100km, I checked if it was school holidays, and yes it was. Fuel consumption of course is variable and average speed is a big factor, low average speed = high fuel consumption. My VE SS AFM auto is reading 11.7 l/100Km ATM, but average speed is about 58km/h. My old VXII Calais would do under 10l/100km on highway trips like Sydney to Brisbane.

We44pn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
19 would be on the high side for most, but your fuel consumption is going to relate to average speed, I would suggest if your average speed is around 30km/h then I would say you'll be over 15l/100km. I used to drive an LS1 VXII Calais in Sydney peak traffic (taking about an hour to travel 30Km and normally it was reading about 16.7 l/100Km - in school holidays however, it would drop and be under 16 l/100Km in fact not having school age kids I wasn't always aware when school holidays started, and one time I noticed I was getting less than 16l/100km, I checked if it was school holidays, and yes it was. Fuel consumption of course is variable and average speed is a big factor, low average speed = high fuel consumption. My VE SS AFM auto is reading 11.7 l/100Km ATM, but average speed is about 58km/h. My old VXII Calais would do under 10l/100km on highway trips like Sydney to Brisbane.

spot on mate... between 28 and 30ks

Littlebudda

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Aclaim, VZ Wagon, VF SS Storm
My SS has just under 4k on the clock. Average around Brisbane driving is 12.8l per 100 Went the the Gold Coast and back and pulled up at home with 8.2l per 100 average over 200 k's so very happy with that

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Littlebudda ... you do know I'm going to be disappointed now that you've set an 8.2L/100km expectation that ours will probably never meet? :)

Littlebudda

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Aclaim, VZ Wagon, VF SS Storm
thats cruise set to 115 kph right hand lane free flowing traffic, wife and a couple overnight bags, down the M1 to Cooloongatta and back.........I will upload the pic showing the average and best average over 200 as 8.2 lol. I drive the car as I need to, although, as an ex cop maybe my need for speed has diminished a little over the years