Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New VE SSV Redline Sedan Owner (In a few weeks...)

jasonsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SR POS
so what measurement are you using to make you statments?
because so far you have only provided subjective opinion.

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
Just a few that spring to mind in relation to interior:
The type of leather/fabric used
The type of plastic used
Trim alignment
Quality of buttons/switches
Seat adjustment/support/comfort
Type of carpets used

Basically any component in a car can be measured against another car for it's quality. I fail to understand why people don't get that!

jasonsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SR POS
but what qualifys you to make that assesment?

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
Errrr... You don't need a qualification. A lot of it is obvious.

jasonsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SR POS
so therefore it is subjective opinion not fact.

you cannot comment on material composits thickness etc. you are making an observation and an assesment based on your opinion. it cannot be any closer to the exact meaning of a subjective opinion.

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
OMG! Is it JC DUMB DAY or something today? Why can't I comment on material composition, the quality of the products used, panel gaps and alignment? They're all ways of measuring quality. What do you think QUALITY CONTROL teams do? They MEASURE QUALITY FFS!!!!

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
So why didn't you like the wrx? I just sold my MY10 hatch...loved the bloody thing, little sad I cannot keep it. With tune only it smashed the SS's without even working hard. If i could keep 2 cars and didn't have an injury that is aggravated by the tougher ride, I'd certainly keep the rex.

All that said, I test drove an SS and Calais V the other day, was pretty disapointed especially for the price, Holden are rorting their B.W.M's something bad. Calais V had a sticker price close to 70k lol...the interior felt like I was ina plastic factory that could collapse at any time. One of the test cars I drove had 1100 km's on it and already had rattling parts and wind noises. It does have a really nice radio though!! I think the VZ was the last of the nice interiors for me.

I ended up with a G6E Turbo, for the price, nothing matches it. Already missing my rexy though :(

All this said, you like it, so who gives a toss what anyone else thinks, everyone finds different things they like/dislike and base their purchase as such, enjoy it :D

doms1

Reaction score
Members Ride
BANNED
So why didn't you like the wrx? I just sold my MY10 hatch...loved the bloody thing, little sad I cannot keep it. With tune only it smashed the SS's without even working hard. If i could keep 2 cars and didn't have an injury that is aggravated by the tougher ride, I'd certainly keep the rex.

All that said, I test drove an SS and Calais V the other day, was pretty disapointed especially for the price, Holden are rorting their B.W.M's something bad. Calais V had a sticker price close to 70k lol...the interior felt like I was ina plastic factory that could collapse at any time. One of the test cars I drove had 1100 km's on it and already had rattling parts and wind noises. It does have a really nice radio though!! I think the VZ was the last of the nice interiors for me.

I ended up with a G6E Turbo, for the price, nothing matches it. Already missing my rexy though :(

All this said, you like it, so who gives a toss what anyone else thinks, everyone finds different things they like/dislike and base their purchase as such, enjoy it :D

So true value for monex g6 is the best,but all in all everyone likes different things so be happy with the ssv.I always bought holdens out of blind loyalty BUT wont be happening again..............

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
OMG! Is it JC DUMB DAY or something today? Why can't I comment on material composition, the quality of the products used, panel gaps and alignment? They're all ways of measuring quality. What do you think QUALITY CONTROL teams do? They MEASURE QUALITY FFS!!!!

Quality is actually the measure of deviation away from specification. Material selection is something very different again although often confused with quality. Beyond squeaks rattles and stuff falling off etc it's virtually impossible for the public to do a proper quality audit on any car as nobody but the manufacturer would have a full set of drawings and specifications.

Reaper

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
Um, where did I say anything about quality auditing? Also I'm not talking about quality based on what the specifications should be. I'm talking about comparing the quality between two different products that performs the same function.