Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New wheels for Tuckerbag

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Australians are stupid ……… we just let multi-nationals walk all over us, and do what they like, and we say "'She'll be right. It will be OK on the day !"

So what were we surposed to do? Holden has always been owned by GM, which is American owned....

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I think Tuckerbag means that Holden stopped making the cars that people such as himself (and me amongst a few) wanted. And even more so, in Australia.
Could also take this to mean that most Australian buyers wanted something else that Holden wasn't making in the last few years. This has features such as lots of cup holders, pretend 4WD/AWD stying and a pretense to have green credentials. Bless them.

Holden tried to make a car to satisfy the majority of the market place with the ZB.....The VF on the other hand...Yes it was made for the very few people in this section of the market place and look how many are for sale in car yards.....

Can't say much more than that

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
So what were we surposed to do? Holden has always been owned by GM, which is American owned....

Yes …. That is my point. Someone, sometime, somewhere should have realised that the Australian taxpayer have ‘bought’ the rights to the land, factories, and equipment, and wielded a big stick at Ford and GM, then handed the whole shebang to ……… I dunno, Twiggy Forrest, Kerry Packer, Clive Palmer ……………... and told them to make an all Australian auto industry. It may even have worked, couldn’t do any worse than at present.
But, you, and I, as individuals, cannot do anything about it.
This country has been sold down the drain for decades by Federal Govts, State Govts, and profit seeking ‘rich bastards’ who can buy favours from people with powerful friends.
The Qld Govt under Bjelke-Petersen operated on ‘cash in brown paper bags’, the NSW Labor Party has updated that to ‘cash in plastic shopping bags’ ……. corruption to the max.
Unless you are one of ‘them’ mentioned above, you are stuck with what you get.
Since when has the water in the Murray/Darling rivers been owned by overseas interests, and how was that allowed to happen ?
Now the NSW Liberal Party has denied that it is going to sell the forests. It must be running out of public assets to sell.
Fark me, what next ? This is getting to be a repetitious political rant.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Yes …. That is my point. Someone, sometime, somewhere should have realised that the Australian taxpayer have ‘bought’ the rights to the land, factories, and equipment, and wielded a big stick at Ford and GM, then handed the whole shebang to ……… I dunno, Twiggy Forrest, Kerry Packer, Clive Palmer ……………... and told them to make an all Australian auto industry. It may even have worked, couldn’t do any worse than at present.
This country has been sold down the drain for decades by Federal Govts, State Govts, and profit seeking ‘rich bastards’ who can buy favours from people with powerful friends.
The Qld Govt under Bjelke-Petersen operated on ‘cash in brown paper bags’, the NSW Labor Party has updated that to ‘cash in plastic shopping bags’ ……. corruption to the max.
Since when has the water in the Murray/Darling rivers been owned by overseas interests, and how was that allowed to happen ?
Now the NSW Liberal Party has denied that it is going to sell the forests. It must be running out of public assets to sell.

And one with which I cannot argue.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6

And the problem in the curent climate, if one does speak out against the grain, they are branded bigoted / racist / sexist / mysoginistic / unhelpful.....

StrayKiwi

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY18 ZB VXR

Holden was wholly Australian owned until 1931 when GM bought it, but has existed as a company since it's founding in 1856 when it made saddlery products. But to be fair, it didn't get into the automotive manufacturing business until around the time GM acquired it.

I didn't know any of this till I looked it up!

MattSAU2XR8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Auto 2007
That grandpa/TP ZB is down to $19,600 now wo would probably take $18k...

At that sort of money Tuckerbag could probably get a loan and keep the VP and the Clubbie, both of which will likely appreciate given time.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
^^^^^ that price is depressing, I feel sorry for the poor bugger trying to flog it. It is the cheapest ZB on car sales, and he is up against dealers who are asking not much more for similar vehicles. Almost into the 'disposable' segment of the market, buy, drive, don't care, sell.
For that money, it would have to be great value for some-one looking for a largish 4 cyl Euro/non-Asian hatch/sedan.

tuckerbag

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy2ss dual cab rodeo fjr1300
That grandpa/TP ZB is down to $19,600 now wo would probably take $18k...

At that sort of money Tuckerbag could probably get a loan and keep the VP and the Clubbie, both of which will likely appreciate given time.
Tempting. My grandson is hinting that i buy him a shitbox to drive on his Ps. Could be the one