Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

No sound from speakers with amp connected

xr6eta

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais
Much appreciated for the comments, will give it another go this arvo. Have the battery on trickle charge now because it drained it playing around for so long. The fuse issue isn't a missing fuse, it is just a single fuse. Happened upon a show and sound at BDL car stereo in Fyshwick today but I was to embarrased to ask about issues with my $43 Boss amp and speakers when there wasn't a car there with anything less than 10 grand in it. Might pop past tomorrow again.:embarrass:embarrass:embarrass will keep all posted and thanks for all the support, am loving this forum.

Aussievtv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt ss HOLDEN 304
There are no stupid questions, just stupid answers. It doesn't matter what you have and what you payed for it. Asking for help is the way to go. Look at how many people upgrade exhaust-cam-intake bla bla bla and don't touch even the brake pads?

AmmoJammo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Wagon
Look at how many people upgrade exhaust-cam-intake bla bla bla and don't touch even the brake pads?

:p
I assume your logic is that a more powerful car needs better brakes... why? the speed limits are the same, the car still weighs the same...

Aussievtv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt ss HOLDEN 304
If your going to make it faster, why not stop it quicker? Might just be me, but I'm sure it makes sence

Oldskool

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Holden VX Commodore
Performance cars need performance brakes.
Its not rocket science if ya worked engine traveling at speed the shitty stock brakes tryin to stop the car = brakes over heating then possibly crashin.
Which is y if u look the more horsepower the cars come out the bigger the brakes get.
Eg: Holden HSV R8 the rotors n calipers on them cars r huge so they can stop the car from the power its got

Oldskool

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Holden VX Commodore
Remember the longer u have to hold the brakes the hotter they get an hot brakes r ****.