Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

No sound from speakers with amp connected

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
The RCA fuse is an internal part of the head that needs to be soldered by someone who knows what they're doing (like a Pioneer service agent or Pioneer themselves)... And although I don't condone this, many people do it for a easy but slightly dodgy fix, you can just permanently affix that wire to the head unit somehow (wrapped around RCA plugs and screwed to hole in rear of the heatsink.

xr6eta

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais
StoneX, as per usual I misunderstood. I have securely taped the wire around the RCA leads but I have ground it the metal frame of the car where the head unit slides into. I have secured it behind one of the screws holding the head unit in and have run a new earth for the head unit to the screw on the other side. Audio appears to be perfect now, both when car is off and when driving. You are obviously knowledgeable with this stuff and your assistance has been invaluable. You said you don't condone the temp fix for the RCA noise problem, is this personal or are there or have been issues with people doing it this way. Sooner or later the deck will be replaced, just not now. Once again, thanks for everything, I searched a lot of areas as well as the forum and not one made any mention of the RCA problem so I am over the moon to be getting somewhere with this.

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
I repair electronics for a living so fixing the problem properly is preferred over a dodgy fix. It won't cause any issues though so don't stress.