Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

mohamedelkady

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VZ
Hello,
Three days ago I noticed some oil leaks under the car in the morning, I checked engine oil level and -unfortunately- it was 1.5 litre less :(, I added equivelent amount of oil and checked the bottom of the car, it was hard to determine the leak source (The car saffered some leaks year and half before , power steer tank and front crank oil seal and then fixed).
Thanks goddness there are no strange sounds in the engine or smoke out of the exhaust.

I replaced the front crank shaft oilseal yesterday, there is still only one drop or two right under the oil pan after parking.

now I'm considering the oil pan gasket and the oil drain plug. any other places in the engine that may leak oil to check. BTW the rear oilseal was checked and no problem in it.

another question, last 2k km when i changed the oil, it was 1 to 1.5 litre more than engine capacity and I did not care about that, could that what damages the seals and caused the leaks.

Thank you

Sean880

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 ser 2 and 911 Porsche Carrera S 997
I would check for oil leaks from failing rocker cover gaskets on the top of the engine, especially at the back.

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Check these

Oil pressure switch
Rocker gaskets
Valley gaskets
Sump gasket

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
First job is degrease the engine from top to underside, then, after driveing it for a day, go looking for oil leaks starting under the car and working up from there.

VT&VX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim
1.5 litre more than engine capacity and I did not care about that, could that what damages the seals and caused the leaks.

People say yes.
If that extra oil forces itself out from the rear main seal without damaging it, then you might have less oil leaking.