Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Opinions on loudness of exhuast notes

Vt_vic

Reaction score
Members Ride
carless for now
ive got the loud system stainless and its not as loud as you think i personally think it sounds great since your in perth your welcome to come over and hear it for yourself i also so have a manta twin 2.5 sitting in my shed that was on it and it sounds better imo

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
do you want it to be loud? to be honest ive had 7 different exhaust setups before i settled for my MILD STEEL twin 3in with hotdogs one, with 1 3/4 tri Y's and hi flow cats, i would never touch another 2.5in system... or stainless, ive heard copper sounds really good but ive never seen or heard one? i reckon it would get crushed too easy too

johnno010684

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport M6, Subaru Brumby-daily, TM Magna
If u Wana hear my force twin3" cat back there's a vid in my ride section

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
3" on a 346ci is over kill, and usless you're doing something really fancy you're going to loose torque.

johnno010684

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport M6, Subaru Brumby-daily, TM Magna
Yeah I agree for a stocker at the moment but future plans were cam and mafless tune, so decided to go big to start with.

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
Even with a mid sized cam 3" is still too big.
Its not the pipe size that is going to dictate volume its the mufflers.

cuttinglaps

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 S2 VX CLUBSPORT
I've messed around with my pipes heaps on my VX Clubsport chasing the right sound and mates that have the same car with different setups .... depends on what sorta sound you want but i will add it doesn't matter what your planning on doing Db wise but PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE .... Spend the dollars on a half decent set of Cats... stainless steel hi-flows yeah they cost big money but i've really noticed the difference in the depth of the note you get out of your system... if you run a standard cat and put a big system on your car will sound loud yes.... but it will have a tacky hollow sound to it ! :S

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
3" on a 346ci is over kill, and usless you're doing something really fancy you're going to loose torque.

thats the biggest bullshit myth... i also kept getting told that i would lose back pressure with no mufflers ( i have hotdogs ) but i kept the same tourque when moving from a twin 2.5in with mufflers to my currant twin 3in with hotdogs, it just sounds 1000x better that 2.5in

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
4-1's, hi flow steel cats and a twin 2 1/2"Manta system is $1900 from me. All bolt up, no cutting and welding.

Do not go X Force, you will regret it. They sound like **** and they don't fit too well.

The Manta system alone is $675.