Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Our VF

Crysis

Reaction score
Recently we made the jump into a 2015 but build date was in November 2014 so we are calling it a 2015 VF SV6.
Over our time we have owned a few Commodores and we are at the stage where we could buy a 2nd hand one in tip top condition outright.
There is not going to be a bank that will loan us money due to both our health issues.
So we wanted something that we knew would last us for a good while.

We have been on a few trips with it and only had a few electrical problems which resolve themselves as quick as they came.
There is one switch which we see no reason for it being there and it is the power button or is it called the sports button.
What ever it is there is no need for it.
On a couple of occasions we have over taken cars and truck and done it so easy.
But what did surprise us was when you put the boot in you get thrown back into the seat.
Never before has this happened with any car we have owned.
To say we are happy with it is an understatement. What a great car it is.

duaned

Reaction score
Members Ride
M6 Red Hot MSE
Glad to hear you are happy with your SV6. If your SV6 throws you back in the seat, then have a drive of a SS!

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
Recently we made the jump into a 2015 but build date was in November 2014 so we are calling it a 2015 VF SV6.
Over our time we have owned a few Commodores and we are at the stage where we could buy a 2nd hand one in tip top condition outright.
There is not going to be a bank that will loan us money due to both our health issues.
So we wanted something that we knew would last us for a good while.

We have been on a few trips with it and only had a few electrical problems which resolve themselves as quick as they came.
There is one switch which we see no reason for it being there and it is the power button or is it called the sports button.
What ever it is there is no need for it.
On a couple of occasions we have over taken cars and truck and done it so easy.
But what did surprise us was when you put the boot in you get thrown back into the seat.
Never before has this happened with any car we have owned.
To say we are happy with it is an understatement. What a great car it is.
i'm 65 years old and today I ordered a paddle shifter. After driving one with it on the weekend I had to have one on my MY15 SV6 Storm

Crysis

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies on this.
I, or we are no spring chickens anymore either, but we do the speed limit most of the time unless overtaking.
Then we call then old farts as we overtake them.

A paddle shift sounds nice but ours is an auto and we have done our apprenticeship with changing gears.
So heading back to changing gears is out even though I know you don't need to have a clutch.
But yer, no more changing gears. But its a never say never.

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
paddle shift gives you the option of reg auto or self shift, you still have the stick beside you, just gives you more options using sports mode etc

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
Thanks for the replies on this.

A paddle shift sounds nice but ours is an auto and we have done our apprenticeship with changing gears.

Paddle shifts are only available for auto's only. You got to love the Sports Auto. You can play V8 supercars with the floor version of manually selection of gears and you can play F1 in selecting of gears from behind the steering wheel.

Crysis

Reaction score
Before we got this one we had a 2006 VE Calais great car but before we got this we had a crap Rav4 manual
That Rav's gearbox and or clutch we just couldn't get the grip with it. We have driven manuals all our driving lives.
So we know how to change gears and when to do it. I even had a 89 Toyota HiLux manual Ute and had no problem with that.
Well we sold the Rav and the people who bought it loved it and had no problems at all.
But we are sticking to auto's from now on.
I am sure a paddle shift wold stuff us up over time so I think its bung in it drive and let it do the work and as said enjoy the trip.