Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

P Platers and VR/VS Commodores

Status
Not open for further replies.

burnz

dah dut dut da dah
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS ute M6
fight..fight..fight..fight..fight..(i hate peace)

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
burnz said:
fight..fight..fight..fight..fight..(i hate peace)
Just a discussion mate.. No-one's fighting here, just disagreeing..

But yeah, 20,000 members all agreeing with each other on everything would make things pretty boring...

GLD-086

Reaction score
RankONE said:
p plates = young age = immaturity. Its not rocket science people. most p platers are still in high skool
Whens the last time you hung out with skool kids and seen how they act/think? enough said.

I'm 20 and still on my Red Ps (Got them when I was 18) and I dont act like a immature ****head.Ok so I boot it everynow and then but who doesnt?

About the monster tacho in the Auto thing, personally I dont see the point of a monster tacho in a Auto but if other people want to let them do it.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
RankONE said:
thats right, i agree 100%. Hence the word "most". I said most P platers were...not all.so if your not at skool, and not immature, then i wasnt talking about you was i? Im 23 and im on my Green p's as well mate. I never went to skool, and far from immature. however MOST p laters/17 year olds are at skool and immature. Maturity comes with both age and life experiences.
So schooling makes you imature?
AirStrike :air:

Charg'd

Reaction score
Members Ride
ford
if people want a monster tacho in thier auto car let them, its there car, you dont have to like it

Garth

Your guess is as good as mine......
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
100 series Toyota Landcruiser V8 monster
it's a sad fact of life that p plate drivers are unexperianced, regardless of what car they drive, could be a vr, or a vs, could be a truck, could be a motor bike, anything, a p plater just dont have experiance, and that is for all p plate drivers.

but the sadest fact is that a majority of p plate drivers just dont care, they know they shouldnt do stuff, but they do it, it realy dont matter which way the government takes it, it will alway's happen, p plate drivers will speed, they will do burnouts, they will do this and that, i mean we all did it as p plate drivers. so it's no good sitting here bagging out p plate drivers.

there is no right or wrong view in the old p plate driver discusion, you take a p plate driver away from a supercharged v8 holden, no worries, they then go to the honda vtec motor, and kill themselfs anyway's, so restricting p plate drivers isnt gonna help

teaching p plate drivers is a good idea, more education, more practical driving skills, but once again, who is gonna pay for it? make it compulsory, and watch no-one wanna drive. just a sad fact.

RankONE

www.warfilms.biz
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL
um, maybe i misswrote what i was trying to say as every1 seems to have missed the point. What i meant was most p platers that do drive like are hoons are usually, in my experience, 17 or 18 year old skool kids that act like hoons even when not in their cars.
No schooling doesnt make you immature, when did i say that? Maybe you misread it mate.

GLD-086

Reaction score
Garth said:
it's a sad fact of life that p plate drivers are unexperianced, regardless of what car they drive, could be a vr, or a vs, could be a truck, could be a motor bike, anything, a p plater just dont have experiance, and that is for all p plate drivers.

but the sadest fact is that a majority of p plate drivers just dont care, they know they shouldnt do stuff, but they do it, it realy dont matter which way the government takes it, it will alway's happen, p plate drivers will speed, they will do burnouts, they will do this and that, i mean we all did it as p plate drivers. so it's no good sitting here bagging out p plate drivers.

there is no right or wrong view in the old p plate driver discusion, you take a p plate driver away from a supercharged v8 holden, no worries, they then go to the honda vtec motor, and kill themselfs anyway's, so restricting p plate drivers isnt gonna help

teaching p plate drivers is a good idea, more education, more practical driving skills, but once again, who is gonna pay for it? make it compulsory, and watch no-one wanna drive. just a sad fact.

Just like to point out ive never done a burnout before since on my Red Ps, ok I done a screechy coming out my street one day but thats as far as ive gone.

I admit I have sped on a few occasions but most of the time it was accidental speeding when I accidently put my foor down a bit to far and dont realise im going 10 Ks over but I always backoff.

RankONE

www.warfilms.biz
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL
oh, some1 said they havent been 2 skool in 5 years, so i said i never went. Point was skool had nothing to do with it. Other than skool students are young and therefore usually, as a generalisation, immature. Go see for yaself mate, catch a bus or train home around 3pm when school kids are swamping them and see how they act. Including the less fortunate 17/18 year old who still have to rely on public transport. Dont you think there behaviour behind the wheel would reflect thier behaviour anywhere else? stand to reason mate. thats all i mean.

GLD-086

Reaction score
RankONE said:
oh, some1 said they havent been 2 skool in 5 years, so i said i never went. Point was skool had nothing to do with it. Other than skool students are young and therefore usually, as a generalisation, immature.

I know exactly what you mean mate.

90% of P Platers are 17 or 18 and in year 11 or year 12 so when they get their Ps for the first time they show off to their mates how mad their car is out the front near the bus bay and act like ********s.

I know not ALL 17 and 18 year olds are like this but in actual fact alot are.

Thats why I waited until I was out of High School before I got my Ps and like I said I was 18 when I got my Red Ps thats fair bit older then what the average P Plater age is here in NSW.

Status
Not open for further replies.